Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumstuck OOC

+3
Sparky
MessiahForHire
Oblivion
7 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Forumstuck OOC - Page 12 Empty Re: Forumstuck OOC

Post by Oblivion Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:34 am

Sure.
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:44 am

So in my insomnia-riddled stupor last night, in addition to updating the Brown LP on DDFF I noted something that canon did that might throw our plans for a minor loop.

Heroes of Life can apparently grant an extended lifespan with a touch. We have two - Glenys the Knight and Rick the Wizard/Mage. So now the group has three options for extending lifespans post-game: Godtier, Guardianship, and Touch of Life.

I could see Sigrun still going with the Guardian thing as she wouldn't want to be immortal without a purpose, and Evan as his whole drive about it was to avoid another Shep situation by doing the job himself. But I could see it equally likely that some of the others - including possibly Rick and Glenys themselves - might opt for this method instead.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:32 am

Oblivion wrote:So in my insomnia-riddled stupor last night, in addition to updating the Brown LP on DDFF I noted something that canon did that might throw our plans for a minor loop.

Heroes of Life can apparently grant an extended lifespan with a touch. We have two - Glenys the Knight and Rick the Wizard/Mage. So now the group has three options for extending lifespans post-game: Godtier, Guardianship, and Touch of Life.

I could see Sigrun still going with the Guardian thing as she wouldn't want to be immortal without a purpose, and Evan as his whole drive about it was to avoid another Shep situation by doing the job himself. But I could see it equally likely that some of the others - including possibly Rick and Glenys themselves - might opt for this method instead.

Wait, Life can extend lifetime? I figured it had more to do with her having the highest blood and merely being told in a colourful fashion.

Also, remember, as a pretty darn highblood, Glenys will live a long time anyways.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:41 am

Yep. In describing the Condesce it claimed she had a "special Curse of Life" that extended lifelines - she used it on the Psiioniic/Helmsman to keep him alive during her eons of traveling the stars. Given it's the same kind of language used regarding Darkleer's anti-Scratch Void and such, I read it as being connected to her/Feferi's role. If it was just her alone I could see it being tied to her blood caste, but as she extended a lowblood's existence to match her own that's more than likely tied to her role as an ex-Hero of Life.

And yeah, she'll live a long time, but she's still beat out by the true immortals unless something intervenes. Just an observation.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah, no, for sure, I guess. I just kind of forget to associate the ancestors with the trolls' roles.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:16 am

I do like this more than the "make the kids Guardians" idea and it seems to me that it gives us the ability to explore a bit more rather than having the ones who want to be Guardians stuck babysitting a planet full of more angsty teen heroes.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 am

Yep. As I said before, the Guardian thing still makes sense for some of the characters: Evan as his whole drive about it was to preemptively prevent another Shep situation, and Sigrun with her whole "I wanted to die honorably in battle but now can't so I need a reason to stay alive or else I'll go crazy" mentality. Possibly some of the others, but that's of course their players' call.

This might be a more logical option especially for Matt and Rick as both of them originally were not going down the Guardian or Godtier roads. Might also make better sense for some of the others we were iffy on, such as Glenys and Foraii.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Matt still might not go with immortality, though having this on the board is a bit better because I feel I have more options now.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Should we just give up on this? I really don't want to, but it's been two months.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:01 pm

1) Your avatar/sig combo is amazing

2) I don't want to let it die, but I'm just not feeling any bit of creativity trying to think of writing for Joan. Maybe we should just let it sleep a little?
I mean, I just got involved in a bunch of things (School, DnD, my LP, a little bit of Eggshelled art) and writing doesn't come very easily to me, so it takes me a while. No excuse for earlier months, but still... :/
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 pm

That's fine. I just really wanted a status check on this.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:45 am

MessiahForHire wrote:1) Your avatar/sig combo is amazing
Seconded.

I would really hate to see this die. I've come to really enjoy these characters and their interactions with each other, as well as the ideas we've shared. Messi's suggestion of letting it sleep is good, but that just might make it even harder to pick up again later on. The way I see it, we've just hit a dry spell and I'm hoping, hoping, that we will still be able to continue this.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

I refuse to see it die. If it comes to that, I will try not to mangle characterization and write the damn thing myself.*

*Maybe. I am quite lazy, after all.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:21 am

I don't know if you could handle the force of nature that is Joan.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:52 pm

I know I couldn't, otherwise I'd offer to do the same.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 am

If it comes to that, I could try to help out to the best of my abilities.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Changing Foraii to Sage of Heart. Hopefully, this will be the last time.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Updated Eris's birthday and prototyping.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 pm

These were notes and plans I wrote out for Matt after having the ideas bounce around in my head for so long. I am posting this because, well, I felt it necessary to share. There's a lot here though.

Basic summary:
Matt is basically your less-than-average teenager coping with a classic case of teen angst and depression. The death of his grandfather hit him really hard and has left him without a positive role model/father figure in his life. As such, he has difficulty facing his problems and prefers to lock them away, resulting in his stoic demeanor. This is further evidenced by his refusal to sleep due to the premonitions of his friends demise that plagued him when he was younger.
He has little regard for his own life and often acts recklessly, sometimes deliberately putting himself in harms way without so much as a second thought. It is likely he even contemplated suicide at one point after his grandfather's death, but was unable to follow through. His grandmother and friends are the most important things he possesses in his life, and he cares for them deeply. The thought of losing them horrifies him, which is why his main mission in Sburb is to prevent his nightmares in the past from becoming reality.

In the Medium, Matt's angst grows steadily worse as the weight of everything that's happening around him sinks in and he is catapulted into full-blown despair. He continues to try and lock away all his problems, resulting in him becoming much colder and far less compassionate towards his friends than he was in the beginning. This is shown through both his typing patterns and manner of speech. Originally, he had a quirk of speaking in a composed and refined manner save for the occasional breaks in his attidude where he will let his emotions (like anger, irritation, sorrow, and, on rare occasions, joy) slip through the cracks in his mental armor and his typing style becomes erratic, blunt, and loses punctuation and capitalization. After he begins falling into despair, the two quirks sort of...mix.

As of now, I'm uncertain where he will go after this point. I still know that much farther on in the story, he still attempts to fight Jeanne and hopefully put an end to everything, knowing full well he might die. (This would likely be after Eris had ascended to God Tier and Doomed Joan resolved the split in the timeline.) However, the true nature of his strife with Jeanne is not to actually defeat her and save his friends, as much as he would like to think. It is merely a way out for him, to escape his misery and despair once and for all, in the guise of martyrdom. He will try to take Jeanne down along with himself, and fail spectacularly.
His dream self is then awakened for the first time in years and he goes through a total emotional breakdown and goes to sulk in the core of Prospit's moon, not bothering to return to the game. This could likely be where he gets the tiger as we established Jeanne will destroy Prospit at some point, but I remain split on the decision to have him ascend as I am unaware of the extent of Space's powers and just how broken that would make him (unless I decide to have him be something other than Space?) Then again, Matt is still a Seer and it was mentioned at one point that Seers play more of a supportive role than fight on the front lines, so maybe that could be a way to limit the use of his power maybe?

(More to come later perhaps)

Matt and His Amazing Friends:

Eris - (BLUH BLUH BEST FRIEND)
Matt considers Eris his closest friend, even if she might not think the same. He values their friendship and would hate to ruin it. Though they quarrel a lot, Matt thinks highly of her and trusts her the most. If I stick with the idea of Matt handing off his leadership position, I may have him give it to Eris instead. (Though the title of leader doesn't actually matter but Matt thinks it's a big deal)
Also, I remain undecided if Matt will still have unrequited feelings for Eris or not. If so, he has long since accepted it and the matter will not be referenced nearly as much as before.

Evan:
Matt has a large degree of respect for Evan, mostly due to the latter's laidback attitude. He rarely argues with Evan, unless it has to do with his safety. He worries that Evan could get himself killed by being too lax. Matt is also aware of Evan's crush on Eris and will likely drop one or two hints that Ev should say something to her.

Rick:
No idea, but if Rick is into cosplay and roleplaying, Matt might play along with him; in the same way Vriska would RP with Nepeta. Things could only end in tragedy.

Joan:
Matt tries to keep his one-on-one conversations with Joan short out of fear that prolonged exposure to the Joan effect will make him go insane. Like many little sisters, I imagine Joan is able to push his buttons pretty easily. While Matt is a little stricter with her than the others, he does care about her and worries about her well-being in the Medium. Especially when she converses with the unsavory likes of those trolls. Matters with Joan can also lead to some trouble as Matt is unlikely to take a lot of what she says at face value, so any of her timeline-related warnings will fall on deaf ears.

Shea:
Again, no idea. There have been too few logs between the two for me to get a good idea of the nature of their relationship. The best I can think of at present is that Matt will always try to treat Shea very nicely and not hurt her feelings since he thinks she might take it harder than the others. A good example of this is in one of the recent new logs where Matt is genuinely dismayed at scheduling the game without realizing it would inconvenience her and is willing to postpone it.

Shea could be a potential love interest in the future maybe, but mostly because she's really the only remaining candidate amongst the kids. As of now, I am unconcerned with romance for Matt since he's got a shit load of stuff on his plate already. If over the course of more logs between the two there is some potential for a ship, I may decide whether or not it's something I would like for Matt.

EDIT:
Noel Winters/Gran Gran:
Matt loves his Gran Gran dearly, even though she is a senile and neurotic old woman who has adorned the house with Santa figures of a fanciful nature. Matt believes she has taken up this hobby to surround herself with memories of her deceased husband who resembled Ol' Saint Nick, something that he finds both tragic and insulting to his grandfather's memory. Being the only living family member Matt has left in the world, he is always concerned for her. He even dropped out of school in order to take care of her.
Her death in the Medium is met with indifference from Matt...at first.

EDIT again:

In Regards to the Trolls

In General:
Matt handles the trolls pretty much the same way he did before, just not as harshly. He's more annoyed with their presence, but is a bit more willing to accept their assistance after his entry into the Medium. If they've played the game before and are willing to help, then why not? He does want to make sure everyone survives this game. When they withhold information, that's when he gets more than a little bitter. He also outright refuses to accept the fact that they're aliens. Come on, aliens who created their universe? That's just primo science fiction bullshit right there. They might be able to fool someone who's into that kind of stuff, but not Matt. He just thinks they're very serious roleplayers.
I can see Matt actually being a little more open with the trolls about things than he is with his friends in the beginning, since Matt's a little insecure of how his friends would view him. Sort of like therapy I guess.

Guilla:
Matt would block this guy so fast it would make Guilla do a double take. It wouldn't surprise me if that would be the only conversation the two have since Matt would not agree to discuss matters with him until he is absolutely sure they can have a civil discussion.

Foraii:
Matt wouldn't talk to him much (for obvious reasons) but aside from finding him to be pretty slow, he admires Foraii's loyalty and commitment to keeping his friends happy.

Sigrrun:
Prretty much the same as beforre. Matt openly mocks herr in the beginning, but later on he thinks of herr as a frriend and trrusts herr opinion concerrning matterrs rrelating to the game. He considerrs herr as something of a fellow leaderr who he can rreally get along with.
He would still do that thing wherre he rridicules herr way of typing, but it's morre of a jest than something mean-spirrited. (Also because she has one of the only quirrks he can successfully imitate)

Lygara:
Matt and Lygara I can actually see getting along pretty well even in the beginning. Mostly because Matt would have likely accepted that "Okay, they're serious about their roleplays, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to listen". Matt will have to rely on her quite a bit too if he's to succeed with his goal of frog breeding.

Glenys:
Not entirely sure. I can't see these two conversing very often since I don't know if Glenys would want to bother with him. He might find it annoying that she would be asking a bunch of questions when he wants answers and it's also pretty much stuff she should already know. (Since he believes she's human)

Vircen:
This guy again. I should stop saving him for last. Vircen is supposed to be Matt's patron troll, but...I'm not sure about the chemistry. (Doesn't really help that the two were paired up because they were the only ones left iirc) Just going from the one patron log they had, Vircen's rather aloof and while that worked for a more rebellious Matt who hated the trolls, the current one would just find him incredibly unhelpful which would lead to him pestering the other trolls for advice instead of relying on Vircen. I guess that would sort of end up negating his patron status.
Then again, Matt might not really need a patron troll since he does his own thing most of the time.

Last edited by Face on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Sounds like we need to have more Matt-Shea interactions so we can get their relationship a little fleshed out.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Forumstuck OOC - Page 12 Empty You know the Matt thing up there? Have another one

Post by Face Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 am

Out of boredom and insomnia, I wrote another one of these up. This was actually fun to write.

Zage Advizzze
Foraii Moraxx is easily the most laidback of the trolls and expresses little concern over their predicament, mostly because he lives for the moment and expects everything to work itself out. He acts as emotional support for the team, thanks to his empathic powers. He is also very fond of giving hugs, which is never good for the unfortunate troll receiving a legendary Foraii hug as he's pretty big and strong. Whenever he's not sleeping in his garden, he's working on his shipping wall, which has been hung right out in the open above his computer with complete disregard for the fact that everyone else can totally see it. It probably makes a few of the trolls uncomfortable but he doesn't see it as an issue.

He becomes increasingly interested the humans early on, and then takes it upon himself to ship the humans as well. This causes him no end of frustration.

Relations (aka probably the main reason I actually type these up)

Gooilla!
Moirails pretty much describes the two best. I don't think much else needs to be said. He respects Guilla as a leader and is proud of him to take on such an important role. Wait, is Guilla even their leader? It's easy to forget sometimes. Maybe it was...

Zigroon!
His best friend, (next to Guilla of course) Foraii is always happy to hang out with Sigrun. While he would like it if she tried to get along with Guilla more, he would never force her into a position she was uncomfortable with. She's so courageous and heroic, which is what makes her such a great leader.
Or maybe Sigrun isn't the leader? Who was it again? It might have been...

Lygara!
Foraii thinks Lygara is pretty cool and smart, and they totally need to hang out more. Foraii admires her a lot, but thinks she should also open up more. With her as leader, Foraii feels they have nothing to worry about.
No no no, she wasn't the leader. It had to be...

Glenyzzz!
Foraii thinks she's really pretty, and she's got these weird fishy things on the side of her head that, according to the others, all trolls like her have. Did you know that? Foraii didn't. In fact, Foraii hasn't actually spoken to her all that much. I wonder why that is? She's probably not the leader either. So it can only be...

Virzen...
Ugh, this guy. Foraii doesn't like Vircen. He knows it's really mean to think so, but he can't help it. Maybe it's because Foraii thinks he's kind of arrogant and rude to act all mysterious around his friends, maybe it's due to these unpleasant emotions that Foraii feels coming from him, maybe it's because he sank his most sacred ship of his moirail Guilla and Sigrun, or maybe Vircen just might have accidentally stepped on his plants or something. Who knows? Either way, Foraii just doesn't like Vircen and tries to avoid him. If they do have a conversation, Foraii will try and play nice for the sake of the team. There's no way this guy can be their leader though.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 am

One question. Wouldn't Lygara have sunk that moirail ship?
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I should probably write something like this up, just to get things straight in my mind. Though I'd probably add a sentence or two about their relations with the members of the other species. idk
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Sparky wrote:One question. Wouldn't Lygara have sunk that moirail ship?
I don't follow. Lygara's moirail is Sigrun, which Foraii is aware of and totally shipped them to begin with. He doesn't really ship her with anyone else moirail-wise.

MessiahForHire wrote:I should probably write something like this up, just to get things straight in my mind. Though I'd probably add a sentence or two about their relations with the members of the other species. idk
I did think about doing this for both Matt and Foraii, but I wasn't sure about it since Matt hates the trolls in the beginning and I'm not sure how he would think of them later on (save for Sigrun who he did get along with in some logs). Then there's Foraii who views the humans as one big shipping yard for the most part.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Because I misread it as "his most sacred ship of moirail Guilla and Sigrun." Herp derp.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next