Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homestuck!

+5
Face
Sykan
MessiahForHire
Oblivion
Sparky
9 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Homestuck! - Page 8 Empty Re: Homestuck!

Post by Oblivion Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:46 am

I just remembered something. Feferi's now dead... and Jade earlier had a nightmare of talking to Feferi, who claimed to be dead. HMMMMMMMMM.
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Possibilities listed in order of my personal beliefs of their potential.

1. Karkat stabs Eridan in the back before the fight between him and Kanaya can even get past staring.

2. Karkat interferes sometime after the fight begins. / Kanaya decapitates/chops Eridan in half immediately or after dodging his first blast.

3. Kanaya decapitates/chops Eridan in half sometime after a prolonged battle.

4. Eridan wins. Kanaya is killed, badly wounded, or knocked unconscious and Eridan flees.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:39 pm

.... well... frack.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 am

...There's no horn pile at school. ; ;
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:30 am

Goddammit.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Drouth Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 am

Any emotion I felt about this update changed when I saw Karkat's reaction.
Drouth
Drouth
The Admin
The Admin

https://forumstuck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

*snerk*
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Still to busy crying forever to laugh at Karkat. Kanaya was a favourite character of mine. She got the exact opposite of a happy ending. I was more emotionally invested in her than any other character, pretty much.

Homestuck! - Page 8 CryingForever
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Not to mention that the troll race as a whole is screwed unless they can somehow acquire another matriorb.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Yeah, this was not the thing to have as the last thing read right before starting the day. That's one of my favorite characters gone. I'm just hoping my other fave trolls make it.

But seriously, is he just going to kill off all the nice trolls?
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

... TOO LATE???

If we have Vampire Kanaya or Zombie Feferi (or viceversa) jump up and kill Karkat it will be very bad....
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Well, I'm thoroughly creeped out now.

edit: GREAT. NOW EVEN THE COMIC RELIEF IS A HOMICIDAL PSYCHO.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't think I have ever been more scared in my entire life either Karkat.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 am

Eridan's bad enough, I don't think we need a psycho clown making things even worse.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 am

Okay. I'm only posting this because not only could I not stop thinking about it before falling asleep last night, but once I finally did I had a freaking dream about it.

COMPLETELY OFF THE WALL AND PROBABLY NOT VERY LIKELY TO HAPPEN PREDICTION:

1. Things go bonkers for a little while
2. Something happens and Karkat is in trouble
3. YAY ARADIA (bonus points if she has the whip and Indy hat instead of her God Tier outfit)
4. God Tier Time control includes Rewind ability + Aradia's soul-summoning ability = Aradia fixes Kanaya, Feferi, and the Matriorb, maybe also Tavros
5. Tavros fills in the group on what happened (if he doesn't get revived Aradia can always ask his ghost?)
6. ARADIA VS VRISKA GODTIER BATTLE GOGOGO

So yeah. The chances of any of this happening are ridiculously low but what the hey.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't read much of the MSPA forums but one of the few things I do read is the NepetaQuest thread. (Here at the beginning of 48 and growing pages.) The author posted a rant that I'm sure if I went to the main storyline forums I'd see similar ones, but I felt it appropriate and thought to repost it here for thoughts.

aceofspudz wrote:I should explain where I am coming from, I guess. Lots of people lately have been pissed at the revelation that the troll arc was the world's most elaborate setup for a horror show, me included. First of all--horror is my least favorite genre. Secondly the tonal shift has been jarring to say the least. I'm not angry that characters are going to die. I understand that sometimes you need a death for dramatic impact. I'm not pissed at Joss Whedon for killing Wash, for example. I'm more disappointed at the execution, and the implications, and the tone taken than anything else. Also the volume. One, two character deaths? Sure, even if it is Nepeta. We're looking at 8-10 of the trolls biting it.

Hussie is within his rights to do whatever he likes, of course. He has been planning something like this for a long time and deserves to execute it according to his master plan. Obviously I won't stop reading, however disappointed and uninterested I become. Reading is a very small time investment. Making this adventure, though? It's a lot of work. Substantially more than reading.

Did he really invent an entire race and culture just to get us invested in their systematic slaughter and destruction? Does he really regard the secondary characters as unceremonious canon fodder for even more secondary antagonists? Unless some monumental fakeout is coming down the pipe (which would, itself, be disappointing and he knows that) this appears to be the case.

Tavros' "character arc" is that he suffered and was put upon and then died. Feferi's "character arc" is that she abandoned her duties as moirail and died. Kanaya's "character arc" is that she had unrequited love and then died. Am I wrong in thinking that seeing these characters fulfill their potentials and grow would be immensely more satisfying and awesome than watching their cold, dead corpses hit the floor? I thought that was the point. Hell if they merely survived to the end of the story, at least there would remain the potential of them growing up and finding fulfillment.

The matriorb being destroyed was essentially genocide. I thought the trolls had a chance as a race. I thought they were supposed to make a new future along with the humans, with each race complementing the others' strengths and softening their weaknesses. I thought that was the point.

To say the least, it wasn't. I guess I didn't know what I was reading. I thought those characters had a purpose beyond me watching them take turns dying pointlessly. I thought the trolls had a purpose as a race. It's like getting a plate of spaghetti and finding a huge slimy worm nestled in the next bite. I didn't fucking want that; if I did I would have gone to a bait shop instead of the motherfucking olive garden. Okay, that got away from me. Anyway.

I'm reminded of this conversation between Dave and Terezi:

TG: and its just a big game you set up to watch me squirm over weird mortality issues while you giggle
GC: Y34H
GC: SO?????
TG: so
TG: i guess
TG: well played??????

So, I guess, well played Hussie. I'm not sure what you intended me to feel. Is that what an authorial masterstroke is supposed to feel like? Recent events seem less like something Hussie is responsible for and more like a fanfiction written by a mildly disturbed individual.

Anyway, rant off. While my heart tells me to quit in a huff, logically that doesn't make sense. Hussie is right to point out that the story is still progressing and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus I still enjoy making it. Soldier on.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

So...let me see if I can sum up that rant.
"Characters I became emotionally invested in died so ultimately there was no point in reading about these characters."

That seems silly. If you liked a character(s) so much that their death shook you on some level, then it's a job well done.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:59 pm

*nodnod* I got a similar outlook, and a similar comment was posted on the next page or so.

I figured this was probably a good summary of about half the fanbase's reaction to the weekend, no?
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Oblivion wrote:Okay. I'm only posting this because not only could I not stop thinking about it before falling asleep last night, but once I finally did I had a freaking dream about it.

COMPLETELY OFF THE WALL AND PROBABLY NOT VERY LIKELY TO HAPPEN PREDICTION:

1. Things go bonkers for a little while
2. Something happens and Karkat is in trouble
3. YAY ARADIA (bonus points if she has the whip and Indy hat instead of her God Tier outfit)
4. God Tier Time control includes Rewind ability + Aradia's soul-summoning ability = Aradia fixes Kanaya, Feferi, and the Matriorb, maybe also Tavros
5. Tavros fills in the group on what happened (if he doesn't get revived Aradia can always ask his ghost?)
6. ARADIA VS VRISKA GODTIER BATTLE GOGOGO

So yeah. The chances of any of this happening are ridiculously low but what the hey.

That prediction probably won't happen as a sequence of events, but parts of it seem likely enough.

1: Yeah, this definitely sort of happens. Things will calm down, one way or the other.
2: :V
3: You have no idea how much I have wanted that Indy thing to happen. No idea.
4: If Aradia comes back and saves these trolls, it means we're watching a doomed timeline. I consider this immensly unlikely, seeing as how the ONLY way this wouldn't be a complete cop-out would be if we're supposed to really care about everyone in a doomed timeline from every doomed timeline (not gonna happen), or if we're supposed to really get acquainted with an alternate-timeline-godtier Aradia, which is just as likely.
5: Certainly seems reasonable, unless Hussie forgets about it, which I doubt, but we're definitely unclear as to the extent of her powers, and the capabilities of the ghosts.
6: This is definitely likely, but I think a conflict between Terezi and Vriska has been foreshadowed far too much to be thrown away. If Vriska's only gonna get one go, I'm guessing it would be with Terezi.

For the rant, yeah, that's not very well worded. Especially how he missed a massive part of their character arcs that seems to go past the "missing the point" line. :v
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Yeah, I don't expect revivals either (with the POSSIBLE exception of the Matriorb getting fixed). But at 2 AM the brain does not work that way.
3: You have no idea how much I have wanted that Indy thing to happen. No idea.
I've seen several fanarts of it. But I can't find them now.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Yeah, I've definitely seen fanarts.

Spoiler:

I mean

Spoiler:

It's obvious I would have.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 pm

That first one was the one I was looking for. Thanks :)

In other news: MEMO FREAKOUT Flipping The Fuck Ou
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

I wanna give Karkat a hug. I'll miss Kanaya too. :C
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

FTC: AND ALSO.
FTC: and also.
FTC: GUESS MOTHERFUCKIN WHAT.

CCG: .....
CCG: NO I DON'T WANT TO

FTC: i'm all about to be meeting up some friends. :o)
FTC: GOING TO GET PRETTY MOTHERFUCKING FRIENDLY AT THEM REAL SOON.
FTC: i wonder if you can all be at with me in time and make me get my reconsider on?
FTC: MAYBE SPLIT AN ELIXIR LIKE A COUPLE OF CHOICE BROS.
FTC: just like we are... :o)
FTC: ME AND HIM. Do:
FTC: hoooooooooooooooooonk. ;oD

CCG: OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK
CCG: I HAVE TO GO
Is Gamzee talking about the kids or Eridan or Jack?
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Gonna be honest... I read Gamzee's best friend line in Flapjack's voice. I have NO idea why. But I now cannot unhear it.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum