Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Seriously?

4 posters

Go down

...Seriously? Empty ...Seriously?

Post by BladedFalcon Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Facepalm

Seriously people... We MAY be nomads, but don't you guys think creating a forum so quickly is the way to go? That's not really solving the problem... SPECIALLY if you're creating a forum in the same forum host that has just been hacked.

What needs to be done, is to finds either the mods, or Marsco, and fix the other forum back, and try to know who and how we were attacked so there can be a defense for it. Moving here is only delaying the inevitable until this forum gets hacked again.

Furthermore... if your solution is just to move, we might as well just re-locate in Kit's forum. It's already formed, and better coded than this place, so hopefully more secure against hacks.

BladedFalcon

Back to top Go down

...Seriously? Empty Re: ...Seriously?

Post by Oblivion Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:38 pm

The main problem is thus:

1. If it is Princess Twinklepie or someone else hacking, simply getting access back isn't as likely to be able to stop them. They'll likely just hack into the accounts of whoever gets put on staff once things are back to normal.

2. Princess Twinklepie knows about Kit's forum. If he can hack the DD one, he might - though I'm not certain - be able to hack Kit's. And then we'll have the same problem.

So the solution seemed to be "have a forum that Princess Twinklepie doesn't know the location of, so he can't follow". At least that was the logic I got.

That said, Conundrum is looking at the cache and a few others were planning to contact Forumotion to have the forum reverted by 24 hours to see if that would restore things to workability and whatever security hole allowed this mess to be rectified, so if that goes through we may not be moving. Either way, I for one am quite sick of the annoying little song and dance that we seem to have to go through every 2-4 months.

EDIT: Yay filter...
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm

...did not know about the filter.

Other logic - the impression I've been getting is that this is heavily stemmed from a rivalry between the two of them personally.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 pm

There is certainly hostility there, yes.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedFalcon Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah, but if that was the case, he'd attack Kit's forum, not all of us. He's probably just trolling and pissing off everyone he can because's he a sad, sad person. Still... guys, I might be wrong, but one of the reasons these forums are free, is because they really aren't very strong in terms of protection, i think kit's is a paid one, therefore is far more secure and well protected.

Plus, if your only hope is that he won't be able to find this forum just because you sent everyone else PMs... I have just one word for you guys: Google.

BladedFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 pm

This one isn't entirely useless though. With the amount of drama we've been subjected to in the last... year, even, look at how much RP stuff we've almost lost, or have lost. This being an RP forum can be fine. If main forums get the dramanuke we won't lose everything.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 pm

It's true that eventually he will be able to track us down with google yeah, but it'll take a while before we'd be high enough on the results to be in any danger of that IMO.

Either way it seems the point may be null now that Gil got into the Menouthis account and gave the staff back their ranks.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedFalcon Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:31 pm

It is a real knee-slapper to see people think they can secure a forumotion forum. Ahahahahah.

>>

He might be talking about the other forum, but seriously, what's from stopping him from fucking this one over in a month or so once this place becomes relevant on google?

BladedFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum