Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW

2 posters

Go down

WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW Empty WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

• MATT WINTERS (facelessSchemer) (black, no color code)
    Seer of Space – Land of Rainbows and Frogs
    Guardian: GRAN GRAN
    Abstratus: razorkind
    Prototype: [pre] Fancy Santa, [post] Grandpa's ashes
    Consorts: Toads
    Denizen: Odin
    Patron Troll: Vircen
    Birthday (observed): December 24

• ERIS ALLARD (haphazardHypothesis) #B39871
    Knight of Void – Land of Chasm and Crystal
    Guardian: SIS
    Abstratus: umbrellakind, fireworkkind
    Prototype: [pre] Dalek, [post] Argos (Alsatian)
    Consorts: frilled lizards
    Denizen: Dullahan/Ichabod
    Patron Troll: Lygara
    Birthday (observed): October 19

• NATE BENNETT (neoclassicalScout) #104080
    Bard of Hope - Land of Ash and Blaze
    Guardian: DAD
    Abstratus: bladekind, bombkind
    Prototype: [pre] Live firefly, puppy.
    Consorts: Brown elephant shrew. THE BEST GIF.
    Denizen: Helios
    Patron Troll: Sigrun
    Birthday (observed): August 17

• JOAN FISCHER (mercilessTango) #FF632B
    Guide of Time – Land of Change and Noise
    Guardian: STEPDAD
    Abstratus: lampkind
    Prototype: [pre] Starman, [post] Alternate Future Self (Beta: [post] Squiddle)
    Consorts: Axolotls
    Denizen:
    Patron Troll: Guilla
    Birthday (observed): June 18

• SHEA DWYER (amazonaReveille) #CC0000
    Sylph of Rage - Land of Spires and Silk
    Guardian: AUNT
    Abstratus: crossbowkind, bladekind (scimitar/cutlass/etc.)
    Prototype: [pre] modified crystal sculpture; [post] moth necklace
    Consorts: Pterodactyls
    Denizen: Pazuzu (Phoenix)
    Patron Troll: Glenys
    Birthday (observed): July 17

• EVAN TARSUS (petrifiedSeeker) #4A9586
    Page of Force – Land of Shatter and Thunder
    Guardian: COUSIN DRAKE
    Abstratus: marblekind
    Prototype: [pre] dragon figurine
    Consorts: Alligators
    Denizen: Eligor (shadow creature/Ur-Grue)
    Patron Troll: Foraii
    Birthday (observed): March 22

• GUILLA ALNASL (loquaciousAmateur) #64AF64
    Heir of Time – Land of Wasteland and Crystal
    Lusus: CHIMERA
    Abstratus: shotgunkind

• LYGARA RANITH (spectralPsiren) #CCCC00
    Bard of Space – Land of Ebony and Frogs
    Abstratus: chiselkind, hammerkind
    Lusus: DEMETER

• SIGRUN BAASCH (hibernalHawkshaw) #3C4D81
    Witch of Mind – Land of Bronze and Strings
    Abstratus: spearkind
    Lusus: SLEIPNIR

• VIRCEN FLAQUS (rapturousAutonomy) #7D7D7D
    Seeker of Light - Land of Forest and Illusion
    Lusus: DIOMEDES (giant albatross)
    Abstratus: glovekind

• GLENYS SILEXA (taciturnMercenary) #6048C0
    Knight of Life - Land of Leaves and Death
    Lusus: THETIS
    Abstratus: paddlekind

• FORAII MORAXX (sereneFlorist) #336600
    Sage of Heart – Land of Sand and Twilight
    Lusus: MINOTAUR
    Abstratus: scythekind

• KRADEN BHARKE (sectaryNarcissist) #E08E08
    Page of Dreams - Land of Melody and Orchard
    Lusus: FENRIR
    Abstratus: dartkind, aerosolkind

• Shep (stoicShepherd)
    First Guardian of Earth

• Scatterbrained Custodian (Sanitation Chief) (Derse), exile
  • Martial Marauder (Melancholy Marksman) (Prospit), exile
  • Cautious Lawabider (Capable Loremaster) (Prospit), exile

• Jeanne Leblanc (Wary Warden/Wildcard Warmaker) (Prospit)

PROTOTYPES:
Spoiler:

STUFF:
Sparky's awesometastic timeline <3 (pester her for editing permission)

Last edited by Sparky on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW Empty Re: WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 pm

TIME ZONE THINGS:
Matt: GMT -5
Eris: GMT +0

Joan: GMT -5
Shea: GMT +1
Evan: GMT -8

HEIGHT
- Foraii: 6'5"/196 cm

- Vircen: 6'1"/185 cm
- 6 FEET/182 CM
- Lygara: 5'11"/181 cm
- Sigrun: 5'10"/179 cm
- Matt: 5'10"/178 cm
- Glenys: 5'9"/176 cm
- Joan: 5'8"/172 cm

- 5 FEET 6 IN/168 CM

- Shea: 5'4"/163 cm
- Guilla: 5'4"/162 cm

- Eris: 5'2"/157 cm
- Evan: 5'1"/155 cm
- [b]5 FEET/152 CM
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW Empty Re: WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm

~MATT

Your name is MATT WINTERS.

You're a pretty moody dude, but like to maintain a calm demeanor at all times, though you are often prone to MOOD SWINGS. You enjoy reading stories, especially if they're FANTASY OR ROMANCE. You love games of the PUZZLE AND STRATEGY genre, but you're not as good at them as you'd like to be. You spend a lot of time lately writing TRAGIC endings to some of your favorite works for whatever reason. Your room is kept neat and tidy, save for the occasional CHESS SET OR JIGSAW PUZZLE you have laying around.

You live with your dear sweet GRAN GRAN who has a collection of FANCY SANTAS. For her, it's Christmas all year round. God, you are so tired of it. In fact, you take great pleasure in practicing your skills with your RAZORKIND specibus on her collection.

You are the Seer of Space in the Land of Rainbows and Frogs. Your chumhandle is facelessSchemer (black) and you are a Prospit dreamer, though you haven't been sleeping quite well as of late so your visits have been less than frequent. ~You type in a very serious manner and always remain composed when speaking to others.
but should you ever become aggravated or flustered your typing style quickly becomes erratic and hasty because god can we just change the subject please this is stupid

These were notes and plans I wrote out for Matt after having the ideas bounce around in my head for so long. I am posting this because, well, I felt it necessary to share. There's a lot here though.

Basic summary:
Matt is basically your less-than-average teenager coping with a classic case of teen angst and depression. The death of his grandfather hit him really hard and has left him without a positive role model/father figure in his life. As such, he has difficulty facing his problems and prefers to lock them away, resulting in his stoic demeanor. This is further evidenced by his refusal to sleep due to the premonitions of his friends demise that plagued him when he was younger.
He has little regard for his own life and often acts recklessly, sometimes deliberately putting himself in harms way without so much as a second thought. It is likely he even contemplated suicide at one point after his grandfather's death, but was unable to follow through. His grandmother and friends are the most important things he possesses in his life, and he cares for them deeply. The thought of losing them horrifies him, which is why his main mission in Sburb is to prevent his nightmares in the past from becoming reality.

In the Medium, Matt's angst grows steadily worse as the weight of everything that's happening around him sinks in and he is catapulted into full-blown despair. He continues to try and lock away all his problems, resulting in him becoming much colder and far less compassionate towards his friends than he was in the beginning. This is shown through both his typing patterns and manner of speech. Originally, he had a quirk of speaking in a composed and refined manner save for the occasional breaks in his attidude where he will let his emotions (like anger, irritation, sorrow, and, on rare occasions, joy) slip through the cracks in his mental armor and his typing style becomes erratic, blunt, and loses punctuation and capitalization. After he begins falling into despair, the two quirks sort of...mix.

As of now, I'm uncertain where he will go after this point. I still know that much farther on in the story, he still attempts to fight Jeanne and hopefully put an end to everything, knowing full well he might die. (This would likely be after Eris had ascended to God Tier and Doomed Joan resolved the split in the timeline.) However, the true nature of his strife with Jeanne is not to actually defeat her and save his friends, as much as he would like to think. It is merely a way out for him, to escape his misery and despair once and for all, in the guise of martyrdom. He will try to take Jeanne down along with himself, and fail spectacularly.
His dream self is then awakened for the first time in years and he goes through a total emotional breakdown and goes to sulk in the core of Prospit's moon, not bothering to return to the game. This could likely be where he gets the tiger as we established Jeanne will destroy Prospit at some point, but I remain split on the decision to have him ascend as I am unaware of the extent of Space's powers and just how broken that would make him (unless I decide to have him be something other than Space?) Then again, Matt is still a Seer and it was mentioned at one point that Seers play more of a supportive role than fight on the front lines, so maybe that could be a way to limit the use of his power maybe?

(More to come later perhaps)

Matt and His Amazing Friends:

Eris - (BLUH BLUH BEST FRIEND)
Matt considers Eris his closest friend, even if she might not think the same. He values their friendship and would hate to ruin it. Though they quarrel a lot, Matt thinks highly of her and trusts her the most. If I stick with the idea of Matt handing off his leadership position, I may have him give it to Eris instead. (Though the title of leader doesn't actually matter but Matt thinks it's a big deal)
Also, I remain undecided if Matt will still have unrequited feelings for Eris or not. If so, he has long since accepted it and the matter will not be referenced nearly as much as before.

Evan:
Matt has a large degree of respect for Evan, mostly due to the latter's laidback attitude. He rarely argues with Evan, unless it has to do with his safety. He worries that Evan could get himself killed by being too lax. Matt is also aware of Evan's crush on Eris and will likely drop one or two hints that Ev should say something to her.

Rick:
No idea, but if Rick is into cosplay and roleplaying, Matt might play along with him; in the same way Vriska would RP with Nepeta. Things could only end in tragedy.

Joan:
Matt tries to keep his one-on-one conversations with Joan short out of fear that prolonged exposure to the Joan effect will make him go insane. Like many little sisters, I imagine Joan is able to push his buttons pretty easily. While Matt is a little stricter with her than the others, he does care about her and worries about her well-being in the Medium. Especially when she converses with the unsavory likes of those trolls. Matters with Joan can also lead to some trouble as Matt is unlikely to take a lot of what she says at face value, so any of her timeline-related warnings will fall on deaf ears.

Shea:
Again, no idea. There have been too few logs between the two for me to get a good idea of the nature of their relationship. The best I can think of at present is that Matt will always try to treat Shea very nicely and not hurt her feelings since he thinks she might take it harder than the others. A good example of this is in one of the recent new logs where Matt is genuinely dismayed at scheduling the game without realizing it would inconvenience her and is willing to postpone it.

Shea could be a potential love interest in the future maybe, but mostly because she's really the only remaining candidate amongst the kids. As of now, I am unconcerned with romance for Matt since he's got a shit load of stuff on his plate already. If over the course of more logs between the two there is some potential for a ship, I may decide whether or not it's something I would like for Matt.

EDIT:
Noel Winters/Gran Gran:
Matt loves his Gran Gran dearly, even though she is a senile and neurotic old woman who has adorned the house with Santa figures of a fanciful nature. Matt believes she has taken up this hobby to surround herself with memories of her deceased husband who resembled Ol' Saint Nick, something that he finds both tragic and insulting to his grandfather's memory. Being the only living family member Matt has left in the world, he is always concerned for her. He even dropped out of school in order to take care of her.
Her death in the Medium is met with indifference from Matt...at first.

EDIT again:

In Regards to the Trolls

In General:
Matt handles the trolls pretty much the same way he did before, just not as harshly. He's more annoyed with their presence, but is a bit more willing to accept their assistance after his entry into the Medium. If they've played the game before and are willing to help, then why not? He does want to make sure everyone survives this game. When they withhold information, that's when he gets more than a little bitter. He also outright refuses to accept the fact that they're aliens. Come on, aliens who created their universe? That's just primo science fiction bullshit right there. They might be able to fool someone who's into that kind of stuff, but not Matt. He just thinks they're very serious roleplayers.
I can see Matt actually being a little more open with the trolls about things than he is with his friends in the beginning, since Matt's a little insecure of how his friends would view him. Sort of like therapy I guess.

Guilla:
Matt would block this guy so fast it would make Guilla do a double take. It wouldn't surprise me if that would be the only conversation the two have since Matt would not agree to discuss matters with him until he is absolutely sure they can have a civil discussion.

Foraii:
Matt wouldn't talk to him much (for obvious reasons) but aside from finding him to be pretty slow, he admires Foraii's loyalty and commitment to keeping his friends happy.

Sigrrun:
Prretty much the same as beforre. Matt openly mocks herr in the beginning, but later on he thinks of herr as a frriend and trrusts herr opinion concerrning matterrs rrelating to the game. He considerrs herr as something of a fellow leaderr who he can rreally get along with.
He would still do that thing wherre he rridicules herr way of typing, but it's morre of a jest than something mean-spirrited. (Also because she has one of the only quirrks he can successfully imitate)

Lygara:
Matt and Lygara I can actually see getting along pretty well even in the beginning. Mostly because Matt would have likely accepted that "Okay, they're serious about their roleplays, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to listen". Matt will have to rely on her quite a bit too if he's to succeed with his goal of frog breeding.

Glenys:
Not entirely sure. I can't see these two conversing very often since I don't know if Glenys would want to bother with him. He might find it annoying that she would be asking a bunch of questions when he wants answers and it's also pretty much stuff she should already know. (Since he believes she's human)

Vircen:
This guy again. I should stop saving him for last. Vircen is supposed to be Matt's patron troll, but...I'm not sure about the chemistry. (Doesn't really help that the two were paired up because they were the only ones left iirc) Just going from the one patron log they had, Vircen's rather aloof and while that worked for a more rebellious Matt who hated the trolls, the current one would just find him incredibly unhelpful which would lead to him pestering the other trolls for advice instead of relying on Vircen. I guess that would sort of end up negating his patron status.
Then again, Matt might not really need a patron troll since he does his own thing most of the time.

I just can't stop with these.

Land of Rainbows and Frogs

((Everything contained here is subject to revision))

Description: A vast coniferous forest with rivers and waterfalls running throughout it. It is a pristine and tranquil land not that different from the forests on Earth. Except for the colorful sky filled with fluffy pink clouds and rainbows. The rainbows stretch throughout the land, usually over waterfalls, cliffs, and valleys to provide a bridge. Some of them even stretch into the sky and onto the clouds, which can be traversed like the rainbows. The cloudscape acts as the second layer of the land and possibly where the consorts live.
The Forge sits at the very heart of the forest.

Matt's Quest: From what I've read, the Space player is typically required to stoke the Forge for reasons relating to their lands salvation. For instance, Jade had to stoke the Forge in order to thaw her land while Kanaya did so to lower the ridiculously high water level for hers. Exactly what effect stoking the Forge would have in Matt's land is unknown to me nor do I have any plans for what the quest in his land could be at present.
My original plan was to write around this by actually having Matt be the only kid who spends the least amount of time in his own land. While Matt explores most of it in the beginning, he quickly leaves it behind upon entering the gate leading him to Eris' land. From there, he spends most of his time in everyone else's lands, only stopping by LORAF to enter another gate. The reasons behind this are varied.
He would later return to his land so that he can begin the process of frog breeding, with another of the kids assisting him. (Originally Shea, but it could be anyone) However, another idea I had involved Matt abandoning the project once it was started and handing it to someone else to complete so he could hunt down Jeanne, where he is killed. It is unlikely Matt would return to LORAF after that.

I don't know, what do you guys think of this?

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

ERIS

Spoiler:
Your name is ERIS ALLARD.

You have a keen interest in SCIENCE and are a BIT OF AN OBSESSIVE PERFECTIONIST. This feeds quite well into your FASCINATION WITH FLIGHT. Your ceiling is covered with MODELS of VARIOUS AIR AND SPACE VEHICLES.

You are QUITE GOOD at CHEMISTRY and somewhere along the line developed interests in PYROTECHNICS and PHOTOGRAPHY. You are also NOT BAD at BOTANY. You have a GERMAN SHEPHERD called ARGOS, who has been PRETTY MUCH YOUR BEST FRIEND SINCE YOU WERE TEN.

You have had the UMBRELLAKIND ABSTRATUS for years, and your Sis has been hinting about a FIREWORKKIND for a while, though sanity only knows how she plans to use her FANKIND to cope with it.

You are the KNIGHT OF VOID in the LAND OF CHASM AND CRYSTAL. Your chumhandle is haphazardHypothesis. (#B39871/R179 G152 B113) Your dreamself is Dersian.

Your fetch modus is IRRELEVANT.

Eris is a Head Case, a Summary

Trying to sum up a person in a word is difficult, but “perfectionist” comes pretty close for Eris. Growing up without parents has instilled a fierce independent streak in both of the Allard girls, and Eris’ staunch admiration of her big sister Cecily only compounds her need to do things right...no matter how hard she has to work at it. She never abandons a project, and the possibility of failure is always rejected outright. She holds herself to unrealistic standards to prove to herself that she can be as successful as she feels her sister is. She is a serious individual with an acerbic wit and highly values her ability to remain - or appear to - in control of a situation. She hates being blindsided or knocked off-balance and tends to lash out when it happens, to her immediate regret.

There is a sad irony in her driven personality. Eris did not inherit the same social graces as her sister and has thus always been “the weird kid.” Acutely aware of the ostracization but too proud to admit to being lonely, Eris concludes that if she can prove that she is good at everything, the other kids will let her into the fold. However, her workaholic tendencies make her difficult to approach, feeding the cycle. Her sister managed to inadvertently make things worse, hoping that encouraging her actions would eventually push her to realize her own self-worth. As of yet, Eris has not managed to convince herself that Cecily will love her just the same if she slows herself down.

Her online friends have been a godsend and the bulk of her positive social influence. She cares deeply for all of them and often wonders why they put up with her. She masks this with a natural dry humour; she’s pretty sure she has them convinced that her nigh-constant self-deprecation is just a British thing.

One of Eris’ greatest fears is losing her friends.

Sburb is the first time in her life that Eris truly feels out of her depth. Initially skeptical, she agrees to play mostly as a favor to a depressed Matt. It quickly becomes apparent that the game is a very real threat to their lives. She is not in control; she is, in fact, very nearly helpless to help her friends. When Lygara offers to help, Eris latches onto her offer. As she learns the true scope of the game’s destruction, she slides closer to panic, compounded by her rising frustration at Lygara’s refusal to give her any real information. It is the first time in years Eris seeks the easy way out, and it is denied her.

She is immensely relieved to find her sister still alive, though she soon vanishes. Eris can no longer trust having her to fall back on. She finds herself truly alone. Paranoia drives her to rapidly ascend her echeladder. She isn’t good enough in her eyes – yet. But that’s one thing she does have control over.

Eris masters half of her role quickly. Void is simple. She finds a wealth of creative uses for it and effectively becomes a force of nature. This is a major contributing factor to her nervous breakdown; upon finding Cecily’s death at Jeanne’s hands, several things are clear to her:
  • Cecily wasn’t good enough to survive Sburb.
  • Eris, somehow, was.
  • She had surpassed her mentor and idol.
  • She should have used this power to protect her sister.
  • She failed.

Her self-control finally snaps, and she begins a cathartic rampage through the Land of Chasm and Crystal, hoping to find and confront Jeanne. She is stopped by her friends. Utterly shamed, she denies herself any claim to the title of Knight and seeks atonement. She has no idea where to start.

And then Lygara mentions the god tiers.

Eris finds it the perfect opportunity and devises a fiendishly complex plan to pull it off. She tells no one the specific details for fear that they will correctly identify it as assisted suicide and deny her the punishment she feels she deserves.

Her plan comes within a hair’s breadth of killing her permanently, but when she ascends as the fully realized Knight of Void, it is with a renewed optimism and faith in her abilities.

She has a second chance. She has the power to protect those she has left. And woe to anyone who gets in her way.

Relationships

Shea – Eris’ only IRL friend. She regards Shea as almost a little sister (despite Shea’s earlier birthday...) and defends her aggressively. Shea is the only person Eris trusts implicitly and is probably the only one who realizes just how insecure Eris is.

Rick – We need to do some logs, methinks. Likely civilly neutral.

Matt – Eris is pretty good friends with Matt and has been for years. She pokes fun at him quite a bit, especially since pushing him far enough snaps him out of what she considers moping.

Joan – There is no middle ground with Joan. Every conversation with her ends with Eris either wanting to hug or strangle her. Usually strangle. Joan pushes Eris off-guard with as little effort as blinking and is likely the driving force behind Eris’ social growth.

Evan – Eris has had a crush on Evan for quite a while, but she has managed to create a wonderfully chaotic negative feedback loop of mixed messages. She’s convinced he’d shoot her down if she said anything, and she doesn’t want to lose him as a friend, so she keeps quiet. However, she feels uncomfortable hiding it, which causes her to lash out at him. This makes her feel even worse, which feeds the cycle. Additionally, Eris is somewhat aware of his situation with his cousin and worries for his safety.

Last edited by Sparky on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

NATE

Your name is NATE BENNETT.

You would do this introduction in your room proper, in order to be an ADEQUATE HOST, but as it stands you've been away from home for three weeks and only scheduled to return in a day or two. You spend most of your time TRAVELING WITH YOUR DAD, who is a trader. As such, you spend a lot of time on the countryside, traveling in your dad's trusty TRUCK. While this lifestyle doesn't suit itself to things like school and various commodities, you've found that it's a very relaxing way to live and leaves you plenty of time for various HOBBIES, such as OBSERVING AND CATALOGUING FAUNA AND FLORA, perhaps one of your few actual academic studies, though you find yourself being VERY UN-ACADEMIC ABOUT IT, since you pretty much draw what you find and scribble some observations and notes. Your journals are just sort of STREWN AROUND THE TRUCK.

You make it a point to always keep your LAPTOP with you, however, and plenty of spare BATTERY PACKS, which you recharge almost religiously any time you're at home. You and your dad have made a very elaborate set of arrangements to be assured an INTERNET CONNECTION regardless of where your guardian's travels take you, to stay in contact with your various ONLINE ACQUAINTANCES.

You don't fancy yourself many a book-smarts, but you'd like to think of yourself as a clever individual. You're good at FIGURING THINGS OUT and believe in UNDERSTANDING REGARDLESS OF KNOWING, which gets you a lotta weird looks sometimes, especially since sometimes you just don't really know why you do something, even if you know it's the right thing to do, and because even though you figure out some complex things, sometimes the most obvious facts just go OVER YOUR HEAD.

Your chumhandle is neoclassicalScout, and you type in a comparatively average way though sometimes you sort of forget yourself wait ugh you did it again. you swear you're sorry it's just wow you sure wish everyone could've seen that tree it was so wonderful-- Huh? Oh, right, your typing color. It's #104080. Now back to gazing at random things, you don't have all day! (Yes you do, but you like to pretend it's a taxing endeavor. It's just a thing you do.)

You're also a Derse Dreamer, and you will fulfill your duties as the BARD OF HOPE in the LAND OF ASH AND BLAZE. Of course, this means jackshit to you, and you don't yet know it. Get to plot advancement, you nincompoop!

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

JOAN

Spoiler:

Your name is JOAN FISCHER.
You are enthusiastic about various ART FORMS, but for the most part, you're NOT VERY GOOD at them. However, you are pretty good at VISUAL ARTS, which makes sense because you spend most of your free time DRAWING and occasionally PAINTING. You also spend some time playing VIDEO GAMES, and READING, preferably works of SCIENCE FICTION. Unfortunately, you don't have nearly as much time as you would like to do more thanks to your bad habit of PROCRASTINATION.
Because of the rate at which you scrap and complete DRAWINGS, your room is strewn with SKETCHBOOKS. Recently you've been filling them out slower, thanks to your recently-acquired DRAWING TABLET, but you have yet to clear out or organize your room. The state of your room doesn't bother your STEPDAD, who you live with, who's okay with the clutter as long as it's not too bad or gross.
Your strife specibus will be allocated to lampkind, which will undoubtably aid you as the Guide of Time in the Land of Change and Noise.
Your Chumhandle is mercilessTango, and you are partial to the colour whose hex value is #FF632B, which has the RGB value of Red: 255, Green: 99, Blue: 43.

You have a tendancy to sign your works with your Chumhandle, rather than your actual name, and have made that signature a personal motif.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

SHEA

Your name is SHEA DWYER.

You are the scion of a MILITARY FAMILY. Both of your parents have been ENLISTED IN THE ARMED FORCES over the course of your whole life, and military service is a TRADITION dating back throughout generations. As a result you have a KEEN INTEREST in HISTORY and specifically the BATTLES of the distant and not-so-distant past. Your pursuits have engineered an interest in ARCHERY, to which you have taken with quite some skill. Somewhat oddly, you also have an interest in CARS and HOW THEY WORK, and you have a number of MODEL AUTOMOBILES carefully placed on your shelves; this meshes well with your hobby of CREATING THINGS, mainly through crafts or KNITTING, and giving them to your friends.

You TRAVEL OFTEN as your family is regularly REASSIGNED to new locations, meaning that despite your short life thus far you have SEEN MANY PLACES across the world; your walls are DECORATED with SOUVENIRS taken from all the many places you've visited, and you spend DAYS each time you move RESETTING YOUR DISPLAY.

Both of your PARENTS are quite busy, so you see them very rarely; unfortunately this means you are almost always kept under the watchful eye of your AUNT. Her collection of CRYSTAL GOBLETS and other dangerously-fragile DININGWARE is a constant danger to you - you never know when a wrong turn will lead to a falling precious piece of finery!

You use the Crossbowkind specibus in your role as the Sylph of Void in the Land of Spires and Silk. Your chumhandle is amazonaReveille. You're a friendly sort, though you sometimes get a bit excited :D (#CC0000)

Given that you're in a military family, you can't exactly get shirts printed with your emblem of choice. Not to worry though! You've had this necklace to do the job for some time now:
WE CAN FIND STUFF IN THIS OOC THREAD HOLY COW 364px-Desna_holy_symbol

Sylph’s Company
Shea Dwyer has had a rather interesting and unusual life. Born in West Virginia in the US, she was barely a few months old when her parents, both military, were reassigned to a base in Great Britain. Shea grew up in England for the first nine years of her life, raised primarily by her Aunt - her father's adopted sister and her ectobiological mother (presuming Sy's char's Guardian is male; if not we're going back to the "Aunt is like Dad, Shea's dad is her ecto-parent" thing) - and at the military school where children of the troops were educated she met her future best friend and companion, Eris Allard. The two had a mutual understanding of ostricisation - Eris due to her overwhelming dedication and perfectionism, Shea due to her outstandingly Irish name and appearance and issues with temper as a child. The two consoled and covered for one another and for the years they were together were practically inseparable.

Eventually however the time came for Shea’s family to relocate once again, this time to Italy. Thankfully Eris had introduced Shea to PesterChum not too long before, and through that and online associations she kept in contact with her old friend as well as made new ones, first meeting Joan and Matt then later (name) and Evan. A newcomer to most online pastimes she was inducted into the group’s gaming nights with some hesitation, but managed to pick up the basics quickly; she tends to prefer supportive roles to any form of leadership or direct aggression, playing a healer priestess as her primary character.

Upon being notified of the group’s intent to play Sburb, Shea is initially overjoyed. The group’s D&D game had just come to a close with no plans to continue at any point in the near future, and she was beginning to worry that without the game they might begin losing touch. She eagerly prepares for the start of the proceedings despite Matt scheduling the game to begin at midnight in her time zone, stocking up on caffeinated drinks and sugary foods to last her through the first portion of the game. She rides this sugar rush through her entrance into the Medium, and though she hears smatterings of accusations that the game is more dangerous than it appears she dismisses them as just a part of the procedure, a method to encourage the player to act in haste and think quickly on their feet.

Upon entering the Medium, however, things change rapidly. Shea is dismayed when she discovers the warnings and threats were indeed real and that her family, minus her aunt who was in the house at the time, as well as the rest of the people on the base were killed by the meteor strike. With what little family and stability she had removed, Shea’s world crumbles under her formerly-suppressed phobia of death, causing her to seclude herself in her home, fighting off imps that manage to break in but refusing to explore beyond its walls. Her emotions are further crushed when her role as Sylph of Rage is revealed; Shea’s temper in her younger years was blunted by her being taught that anger was a negative, undesirable emotion and that such feelings should be dismissed or refuted as swiftly as possible, leading her to associate anger and rage with failure and inappropriate behavior. It isn’t long after these, while she’s still sorting through her thoughts, that Joan reveals her romantic attractions to Shea, causing her to add questioning her own feelings and sexuality to the list.

She manages to find some level of solace in her patron troll, Glenys, finding the seadweller’s cool and calculated nature comforting in the midst of all the emotional trauma her mind is enduring. It is primarily Glenys, with some help from Eris and Joan, who convinces Shea that her role is not wrong or undesirable and that fury, when properly controlled and channeled, can be used to good ends. Her first attempt at this is displayed when she chooses to confront Eris during her rampage; we’ll have to see how that particular confrontation works out. She also ceases using her Crossbowkind specibus and instead changes to a Bladekind option, picked up initially during fencing studies so she could use foils as an early method of handling her aggressive temper, with a focus on curved blades such as scimitars.

Following Eris, Joan, and (possibly) Matt’s ascensions, Shea resolves to conquer her fear of death just as she has her loathing of her role as a Hero of Rage. She confesses her mutual attraction to Joan as well as admitting her crush on Matt, who doesn’t reciprocate at the time. (May change? Dunno) She later solicits Eris’s aid in journeying to her Quest Bed and serving as a witness of her death and ascension to God-Tier.

Following her ascension, Shea completes her tasks in LOSAS then travels to LORAF to aid (or perhaps replace?) Matt in breeding the Genesis Frog. She then spends the rest of her time accompanying Joan until the final battle with Jeanne on the Battlefield.

Relations:

Matt: Shea considers Matt a good friend, but his typical behaviour tends to make her feel depressed for him so she spends a lot of time trying to cheer him up. She has a small crush on him that she keeps hidden because she thinks (correctly, at least prior, dunno if this has changed) that he has eyes for someone else instead.
Eris: Closest friend and confidant, Eris and Shea were inseparable as children and remain so metaphorically even now. She trusts Eris with anything and will almost never keep a secret from her. When she goes berserk Shea is initially terrified then decides to attempt to make a stand against her, wanting to stop her before she hurts herself or completely destroys the friendship they've had.
Joan: At first a close friend through online contacts; Shea introduced Eris to Joan initially, and vice versa. They share a lot of interests, and have generally been amiable companions ever since meeting. In the Medium Joan becomes the person Shea typically turns to for advice second to Glenys, due to Eris's temporary insanity, as well as eventually becoming Shea’s main romantic partner.
Evan: They don’t speak much due to time zones but they’re on good terms. She finds him a little boring, however, and prone to ramble on about unnecessary things.
New Guy: <placeholder>
Glenys: Shea bonds very quickly with Glenys after entering the Medium, finding the troll’s behaviour an oddly-placed but much-welcomed anchor of stability after her life has turned into a contorted ocean of chaos. She petitions the seadweller for advice on almost every subject, from questions about the game to advice regarding her role, her romantic situation, and even her friends, especially during Eris’s rampage.
Aunt: Shea and her Aunt have a mutual grudging respect for one another... or at least, that's how Shea perceives it. She sees herself in a sense of competition with her Aunt, constantly trying to prove herself, which can probably be traced back to being raised primarily by her. Many of her hobbies and pursuits were originally picked up with the intent to show her Aunt that she was better than expectations, or that she had overcome some obstacle.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

EVAN

Spoiler:

Your name is EVAN TARSUS.

You have an affinity for CLASSICAL AND ORCHESTRAL MUSIC. Your room is filled with VARIOUS OBJECTS OF RANDOM NATURE that you use to SIMULATE the instruments you do not possess. You also have a CHORUS OF SINGING LIZARDS in a cage to aid you in your COMPOSITIONS. You STIMULATE their accompaniment with the UNERRING AIM of your FLICKING FINGER. Most of the rest of your spare time is spent playing VIDEO GAMES; you have a preference for OLD-SCHOOL RPGS and ADVENTURE GAMES.

Your only relative and company is your COUSIN DRAKE, who collects MODEL DRAGONS and appropriately uses the Flamethrowerkind specibus. What of your time isn't spent making music is generally directed towards STARGAZING, easy to do since YOUR ROOM has a window that opens onto a BALCONY where your TELESCOPE and STAR CHARTS are kept.

You use the Marblekind specibus in your role as the Page of Force in the Land of Shatter and Thunder. Your chumhandle is petrifiedSeeker. ♪♫ you ♭racket your commentary with your o♭session ♪♫ (#4A9586)

Page Forward
From all outward appearances, Evan Tarsus is a fairly typical, almost stereotypical American teenager: he's lazy, laid-back, strongly opinionated, and apathetic to situations outside his immediate personal and social circle. He has little restraint and almost no compulsions against telling you exactly what's on his mind at whatever moment... provided of course that he manages to consider the subject of discussion worth the effort of weighing in on. More often than not such arguments are brushed aside with little interest, dismissed as irritating or unworthy of his time.

Laziness - or as Evan prefers to call it, "contented inaction" - is probably his primary defining trait. Quite simply, Evan will not take any action that requires more effort than absolutely necessary. This is obvious in his lifestyle prior to entering the Medium: his room is in utter disarray, his apartment in terrible disrepair, his schoolwork is scraping the bare minimum required. The only things he puts actual effort into are the hobbies he genuinely enjoys - his music and the games he plays.

Once in the Medium, this begins causing him some problems very quickly. He has difficulty with middle-ranking enemies such as Basilisks and Giclopses due to failure to gain levels rapidly enough. Rather than going through the effort of gaining the required power, he circumvents the issue with the creation of the PokeMarbles and using the Underlings as soldiers. While effective for a short time, he eventually overestimates his capabilities and challenges a foe he can't defeat or capture, and with his own personal strength too low to compensate finds himself suddenly defeated.

Evan's apathy is both his greatest defense and greatest weakness. He keeps himself distant from things that might bother him by refuting any interest in them, thus severing any emotional ties that might drag him down. It also keeps him from analyzing his personal situation too deeply. It usually takes something sudden and shocking to break him out of his usual pattern of dismissing most problems, such as Matt and Eris's rampages or Jeanne's ascension.

Evan's dreamself, unlike most, is in terrible condition - every wound he's suffered in life is visible, his clothes are in terrible disrepair, and he appears haggard and sleepless. As the "ideal" imagination of his persona, these manifestations reflect Evan's acceptance of his lot in life as the best he'll ever be able to achieve, and his belief that he can aspire to nothing better than what he has. He has been convinced - by Drake, by himself, or by his experiences - that all his sufferings are deserved and necessary for the life he understands to continue. His dreamself never wakes until after his death, most likely due to his failure to ever recognize the flaws in his worldview.

Relations:

Matt: Matt and Evan are old buddies and they go way back. He tries to offer Matt advice when he can, even if most of the time it just winds down to "don't worry about it". He thinks Matt is too paranoid and that he nitpicks about things that don't matter, and shares Eris's worry over Evan's situation, which he has convinced himself is not an issue. He rarely gets angry or frustrated with him, and has learned to brush aside their admonitions with a laugh. The closer Matt gets to the deep end the more Evan will probably try to get him to loosen up, only actually getting to the point of getting up and personally doing something when Matt loses it completely.

Eris: Eris and Evan bicker a lot, but their arguments are always those between friends. Evan's one main point of self-deprecation that he allows to slip past his mental wards is his crush on Eris and adamant belief that she'd never reciprocate. Like Matt she expresses frequent worry for his safety; Evan tends to share more with her than Matt lately about his situation, mostly because of Matt's recent turn to the melancholy.

Rick: Evan respects and admires Rick's skill at costuming and acting, considering him a step higher on the nerd echeladder - a good thing, in Evan's eyes - for being an accomplished cosplayer and roleplayer. He tends to keep his personal life quiet around Rick, not being quite sure how he'd respond to it, and their discussions tend to focus pretty much on their similar gaming habits and little else.

Joan: To Evan, Joan shifts frequently between admiration as the cool sister he never had, uncomfortable nerves when she's overly flirtatious, and sheer incomprehensibility. He manages most of the time to hide the latter behind his apathetic veil, brushing off her odder comments with little attention. He considers her a friend, but has difficulty actually discussing anything with her seriously because he views her as too unpredictable and has no idea how to converse with her on a fully honest level.

Shea: Of all the kids, Evan speaks with Shea the least pre-entry, mostly due to their time differences. The few times they do converse he treats her much like a younger sister, trying to deal with her tendency to pitch repeated questions as patiently as possible. Beyond that I haven't really decided, since this is going to be a lot of self-talking.

Drake: Evan respects Drake as his superior and the closest thing he's ever had to a parent, but for the most part on the surface their relationship is very casual. They are on a first-name basis and very rarely are orders ever given and simply expected to be followed on the premise of implied authority.

All that said, there is a hidden side to their relationship. Drake is very violent and abusive in particular toward Evan, in part because he intends to "toughen him up" by repeated application of force and in part simply because he enjoys it. Rather than rebel, Evan's passive nature has interpreted this as the necessary price for the sustaining of the status quo: he fears that if he stands up to Drake, or calls in an outside force for aid, the two of them would be separated and his only known family would be gone. Unconsciously, he's chosen to accept his own suffering and lot in life rather than seek liberation even if it costs him the association with a relative.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm

GUILLA

Your name is GUILLA ALNASL your LUSUS is CHIMERA who keep life interesting and your HIVE in SHAMBLES. Your constantly looking for ADVENTURE in the MOST DANGEROUS of places and CONSTANTLY HARASSING other trolls and their LUSII to GET BACK TO WORK, and you hate being still for ANY PERIOD of time.

What is left of your hive is guarded by your lusus, and you must fight him/her/it to get to your RECUPERACOON and your various CLOCKS, most notably your ECTOBIOLOGICAL CLOCK whose purpose is unclear, it just keeps ticking in reverse...

You use the shotgunkind specibus in your role as Heir of Time in the Land of Wasteland and Crystal. Your chumhandle is loquaciousAmateur AND|YOU|ARE|VERY|IMPATIENT|COME|ON|REPLY|FASTER.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

LYGARA

Spoiler:
Your name is LYGARA RANITH.

You are, above all, an ARTIST of the highest caliber. Your room is decorated with the COUNTLESS MASTERPIECES you have LIBERATED from wood, from stone, from metal. And it is right you should be so, as you yourself were so LIBERATED by your LUSUS, DEMETER from the DEEPEST HEARTWOOD... or at least, that's what you've always been TOLD. Her DRYAD TREE now makes up the majority of your HIVE, so there has to be some truth to it at least.

Near your COMMUNICATION CONSOLE - which you PAINSTAKINGLY assembled yourself - are your many collected TOOLS OF THE TRADE, your supplies for CARVING, MELDING, MERGING and SPLICING your many masterworks. Each is of the HIGHEST QUALITY and many you CREATED YOURSELF; the rest were PURCHASED from only the most EXPERT PRACTITIONERS and you pride yourself on the EXCEPTIONAL MAINTENANCE they receive from you dutifully and ALWAYS ON SCHEDULE. Like many LOWBLOODED trolls - though you have little interest in your position in the social hierarchy dictated by the HEMOSPECTRUM, as you've always been something of a HERMIT - you have a certain affinity for PSIONIC POWERS; yours are specifically tied to abilities of CREATION and physical MANIPULATION, limiting you to using your powers to CONJURE and CHANGE OBJECTS rather than targeting your FELLOW TROLLS.

You use the Chiselkind specibus (with of course the necessary accompaniment of the Hammerkind specibus) in your role as the Bard of Space in the Land of Evergreens and Ebony and Frogs. Your chumhandle is spectralPsiren. You are known for your strong ha-bit of e-nun-ci-a-tion and pre-cise pro-nun-ci-a-tion. (#CCCC00)

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

SIGRUN

Spoiler:
Your name is SIGRUN BAASCH.

You have a fondness for heights, which is fitting for your MOUNTAINSIDE HIVE where you live with your lusus, the horse SLEIPNIR.

You like MUSIC but LACK ANY TALENT FOR IT. Trolls from miles around can hear the INEXPERT MOANING FROM YOUR SAXOPHONE. You practice daily in THROWING YOUR JAVELIN so that you will one day be worthy of JOINING IN THE HONORABLE TRADITION OF WAR. You RESPECT THE LAW but, as you are AWARE OF ITS FLAWS, have a soft spot for THOSE WHO WORK OUTSIDE OF IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD. As such, you have a collection of literature of GREAT DETECTIVES, LOOSE CANNON COPS, AND COSTUMED HEROES.

Your walls are covered with IMAGES OF THE ABOVE SERVERS OF JUSTICE, and you keep a DEERSTALKER CAP by your COMPUTER because YOU THINK IT HELPS YOU THINK MORE CLEARLY.

You use the Spearkind specibus in your role as the Witch of Might in the Land of Bronze and Strings.
Your chumhandle is hibernalHawkshaw, and you tend to rroll yourr rr's. (#3C4D81) Your dreamself is Prospitan.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

VIRCEN

Your name is VIRCEN FLAQUS, you live like a PAUPER in your hive FAR FROM THE SEA, a fact which your lusus DIOMEDES despises, but you care not.

You are a HIGHBLOOD but you disapprove of the current SOCIAL HIERARCHY, so you hide your true rank behind a HOOD and LAME GREY ANONYMITY. Your vision for the future is for troll society to be based on INDIVIDUAL MERIT, which you assume will have you at the top because you're GREAT and you enjoy PROVING IT when the opprotunity arises, such as being apeshit bananas at computers.

Your strife specibus is set to the GLOVEKIND abstrata, which may or may not help you achieve your goals as the SEEKER OF LIGHT in the LAND OF FOREST AND ILLUSION.

Your Trolltag is rapturousAutonomy and yo- c& se-m t- stop mis-pronouncing certain words.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 pm

GLENYS

Spoiler:
Your name is GLENYS SILEXA.

You like to spend your time MAKING SHARP CLOTHING for YOURSELF, and WHOEVER ELSE cares for it. One can never have too many SLICK OUTFITS, after all, unless you don't have enough room to store them neatly. You MAKE A POINT to keep your RESPITEBLOCK VERY NEAT, with only a couple MANNEQUINS in there, and all your CLOTHES are ORGANIZED VERY NEATLY. When you are TAILORING OUTFITS, you enjoy LISTENING TO ORCHESTRAL MUSIC, or simply the sound of the WAVES CRASHING AGAINST THE ROCKS upon which you have CHOSEN TO BUILD YOUR HIVE.
Recently, however, you have TAKEN AN INTEREST in VARIOUS SCIENCES, and have PREPARED LABS for EXPERIMENTATION. Unfortunately, setting up the EQUIPMENT beforehand took so much time you have hardly DELVED into the wonders of the SUBJECT!
Of course, those are the things you do when you're not spending time with your LUSUS, THETIS*, who hardly ever actually enters your HIVE. Pretty much all of the time you spend with her is when you're in a BOAT, on the water with her. Sometimes, you GO FOR A SWIM, but never in your FANCY CLOTHES.
Your STRIFE SPECIBUS is ALLOCATED to the INCREDIBLY PRACTICAL PADDLEKIND, which will aid you in your quests as the KNIGHT OF LIFE in the LAND OF LEAVES AND DEATH.
Your Trolltag is taciturnMercenary and your blood has the RGB values of 96, 72, and 186 respectively. The hex value for this colour is #6048C0. You have a tendency to be Very Clear when you are speaking to Make Sure that people understand What Is Important in your sentences.

A Bit About the Lady (Who is the Knight)

Glenys is proud. That much is fact. Whether or not she's arrogant depends on who you ask. If she's good at something, she knows it and isn't afraid to tell you so. However she also makes a point to be aware of her limitations, as she's seen many cases where a troll's cause of death was overestimating themselves.

Glenys is always willing to learn more about anything. Knowledge is power, and the more power she has, the more leverage she has on other trolls. That's why, when presented with something new and foreign, she will do her damnedest to understand it, and she'll pursue this understanding relentlessly until she is satisfied.

Despite her ruthless approach to learning, she will generally not use an overtly aggressive approach when speaking with people. One of the things she prides herself in is keeping her cool and being both civil and guarded with and around others. Losing control, being overly emotional, or sharing information too willingly is only an invitation to be taken advantage of, or in more extreme cases, killed by your enemies. In addition, she keeps interactions with others to a minimum, as professional as possible, and unless it's a special case, only as long as necessary.

Suffice it to say, she's not used to friendly conversations. As most of her conversations were with the nautical aristocracy, or a few other highbloods here and there, she's used to expecting deception. She's used to every conversation being a challenge, a competition, against the other troll. As a result, she can't take friendly conversation all that well as any jokes aimed at her, or in a similar vein, are reflexively interpreted as a slight against her character, as someone challenging her status and self-image.

Speaking of that, Glenys strongly believes that one's appearance is a reflection of their self-image. Being well-groomed and dressed to kill is a sign that why yes, I am a competent and functioning troll, thank you. Those that don't, well, they're sad, sad trolls. In addition to that, appearance can also be used as a very effective way of manipulating how others would perceive oneself.

Finally, her thoughts about blood. Glenys, being as high up on the hemospectrum as she is, was ingrained with the concept of the hemospectrum, and the importance of one's position on it. Glenys has a very particular view of the hemospectrum. She sees the value, the potential, and the tactical advantage each troll might have to offer, but she would trust very, very few of them.

Lower-bloods with any sort of psychic prowess are incredibly useful in gaining the upper hand in battle, for example, but on the other hand, they're incredibly vulnerable to psychic attacks themselves. This, coupled with their shorter lifespans, makes Glenys incredibly reluctant to trust lower-bloods with any sort of important information at all, much less her affection.

Bluebloods, as well, become incredibly difficult to trust--they insist on playing the same power games as the nobler bloods, and yet, they are much less effective. They are like children paying with fire. They have no idea how to be careful about what they do. They are, however, rather predictable, and always eager to suck up to the aquatic trolls, so they are very, very effective pawns in social games.

These are basically examples, but her views continue on in a similar pattern, as each caste has its own shortcomings, and reasons that stand out to Glenys for why she shouldn't trust them at all.

As a last note, Glenys also is someone who tries to take an easy way out first. She goes for a very low-risk solution and works up from there if it fails. She'll accomplish a task as best, fast, and easily as she can while keeping failures minimal.

Her relation with the other trolls:

Lygara: Glenys doesn't speak to Lygara much. She doesn't really care to consort with her, but she does try to keep conversations as pleasant as possible with her, for Sigrun's sake.

Guilla: Guilla is really, really irritating. His obsession with being the leader and then having no substance to his claim pisses her off. Seriously. He never thinks things through, and has very little capacity for self-reflection. It's a wonder how he's still alive. Oh well. He can fuck right off into the Green Sun for all Glenys cares. She'd phrase it nicer, though. She does kind of feel sorry for his poor (probably) broken mind.

Foraii: Foraii is... Odd. Glenys can never really tell where to place him. If he's a bumbling fool, well, he's dangerous, but decent enough to put up with. If he's not, well, it's not that hard of an act to put up, so let's just say Glenys wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a complete doofus. As such, she's willing to watch her step around him, and listens carefully to what he says, probably giving him a little more credit than others would at first.

Sigrun: Sigrun is probably the person who Glenys would call her closest friend. She's strong of body and of character, aware of her surroundings, and has quite the tactical mind, which is what drew Glenys to her in the first place. Her dismissal of the hemospectrum is one that Glenys disagrees with on a fundamental level, but, on the other hand, it's also what allows Glenys to let herself be close to Sigrun. She trusts Sigrun to not tangle herself into power games or betray any of the trust placed in her.

Vircen: Wow, this troll. Well, Glenys can admire that he sticks to his ideals, but seriously, must he be so obnoxious about how he tries to make a convert out of everybody? Glenys doesn't really like talking about him, even. She can't keep a civil tongue.

Kraden: Does not exist. Silence.

Okay so this is pretty disorganized, but I am very tired and just wanted to finish. Really, I won't be able to keep these concise, since I have a lot to say about my characters. I just ramble and ramble and basically never shut up. Also I just kind of threw words at the computer and expected coherence to happen, so it doesn't logically flow from one point to the next. I may or may not reorganize this and better articulate my thoughts.

E: Looking over this when I'm not all UGH I JUST WANT TO BE DONE WITH THIS LET ME SLEEP, it seems to read like an ADD-fueled adventure through Glenys's brain. Welp.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

FORAII

Your name is FORAII MORAXX and you are kind of a lazy guy. You believe in living for the moment and taking things easy. You grow all kinds of FAUNA AND FLORA and have a great respect for nature. You have a knack for making various MEDICINES AND REMEDIES from plants and herbs that you grow. You get along especially well with others, and thanks to your EMPATHY you have an easier time relating to others problems and consoling them.

Your HIVE is a long and twisted labyrinth that has become overgrown with the local flora. Your lusus is a MINOTAUR that patrols the maze to keep you safe from any predators that would wander in while you remain safely in the garden at the center. Your chumhandle is sereneFlorist (#336600) and yoo zpeak in a very lazzzy tone becaooz yoo are zo oot of it right now. Your specibus is scythekind, and you are the Sage of Void in the Land of Sand and Twilight.

Zage Advizzze
Foraii Moraxx is easily the most laidback of the trolls and expresses little concern over their predicament, mostly because he lives for the moment and expects everything to work itself out. He acts as emotional support for the team, thanks to his empathic powers. He is also very fond of giving hugs, which is never good for the unfortunate troll receiving a legendary Foraii hug as he's pretty big and strong. Whenever he's not sleeping in his garden, he's working on his shipping wall, which has been hung right out in the open above his computer with complete disregard for the fact that everyone else can totally see it. It probably makes a few of the trolls uncomfortable but he doesn't see it as an issue.

He becomes increasingly interested the humans early on, and then takes it upon himself to ship the humans as well. This causes him no end of frustration.

Relations (aka probably the main reason I actually type these up)

Gooilla!
Moirails pretty much describes the two best. I don't think much else needs to be said. He respects Guilla as a leader and is proud of him to take on such an important role. Wait, is Guilla even their leader? It's easy to forget sometimes. Maybe it was...

Zigroon!
His best friend, (next to Guilla of course) Foraii is always happy to hang out with Sigrun. While he would like it if she tried to get along with Guilla more, he would never force her into a position she was uncomfortable with. She's so courageous and heroic, which is what makes her such a great leader.
Or maybe Sigrun isn't the leader? Who was it again? It might have been...

Lygara!
Foraii thinks Lygara is pretty cool and smart, and they totally need to hang out more. Foraii admires her a lot, but thinks she should also open up more. With her as leader, Foraii feels they have nothing to worry about.
No no no, she wasn't the leader. It had to be...

Glenyzzz!
Foraii thinks she's really pretty, and she's got these weird fishy things on the side of her head that, according to the others, all trolls like her have. Did you know that? Foraii didn't. In fact, Foraii hasn't actually spoken to her all that much. I wonder why that is? She's probably not the leader either. So it can only be...

Virzen...
Ugh, this guy. Foraii doesn't like Vircen. He knows it's really mean to think so, but he can't help it. Maybe it's because Foraii thinks he's kind of arrogant and rude to act all mysterious around his friends, maybe it's due to these unpleasant emotions that Foraii feels coming from him, maybe it's because he sank his most sacred ship of his moirail Guilla and Sigrun, or maybe Vircen just might have accidentally stepped on his plants or something. Who knows? Either way, Foraii just doesn't like Vircen and tries to avoid him. If they do have a conversation, Foraii will try and play nice for the sake of the team. There's no way this guy can be their leader though.

Oh wait, there was another...
Kraden?
This guy...This guy is scary. Foraii keeps his distance.

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

KRADEN

Your name is KRADEN BHARKE, and you are one hardass motherfucker. What could be considered your hive is actually just a run-down ENCAMPMENT that you never bothered to take down to build your actual hive. You are way too busy for that. Plus, an actual hive would be easier to track down.

You've been avoiding punishment since a couple sweeps ago. You're something of a PROBLEM CHILD because of your ACTS OF VANDALISM against troll society as a whole, and that's GROUNDS FOR CULLING. As is pretty much everything else in this piece of shit planet. You would like nothing more than to REFORM THE SYSTEM and shape it to your liking- Trolls need to be less fucked up in the mainland, so screw those pesky stuck-up sea-dwellers. You're gonna rise to power, you just know it. It's just a matter of how and when.

Your LUSUS, Fenrir the Wolf, begrudgingly helps you in your many tasks around Alternia, such as LIBERATING MILITARY SUPPLIES and DESTROYING LANDING POINTS FOR THE TROOPS. It's time consuming and there's not much that can be done against troll society from the planet itself, you've gathered, but you think it's BETTER THAN NOTHING. You also make it a point to only screw the adult trolls over; the younger trolls like you can yet grow to be different, and might be more open to your VISIONARY MINDSET.

Your trolltag is sectaryNarcissist. you type in a laid back manner with OCCASSIONAL bursts of EMPHASIS. there's just some times when CERTAIN PEOPLE need things told to them AS CLEARLY AS POSSIBLE. you think you remember setting your typing color to #E08E08, because you LIKE your blood color DAMN IT.

Your Strife Deck is set to the Dartkind Abstratus, and you keep another deck set to the Aerosolkind Abstratus for your vandalism purposes, both of which will eventually come in handy in your role as the PAGE OF DREAMS in the LAND OF MELODY AND ORCHARD.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 pm

EASY ACCESS PLOT OUTLINE IN CASE WE DISREGARD THE GOOGLEDOC I DUNNO
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 pm

A few suggestions to integrate our exiles into the overall storyline.

* MM is originally a Pawn of the Prospit army, obviously. Specifically, he's the pawn sent by WQ and given the Scepter by WK when Jeanne first goes on her rampage. This gets him "out of the field of combat", seemingly fulfilling the wish of a soldier who does not enjoy war. Said scepter is taken back to Prospit, stashed in Evan's tower, then MM returns to the Battlefield just in time to see Jeanne kill WK; part of MM's military devotion in his Exile persona is due to a feeling of failure in choosing to abandon the battle to go on this mission instead, and not fighting at the King's side when Jeanne rebelled.

* CL I have less on, given that he hasn't interacted in the story yet. However, there's a point where Evan gets killed, revived via dreamself, and spends a while wandering around Prospit and Skaia before finding a computer and getting back in touch with the rest of the group; he could run into CL's library somewhere along the way. Said library getting absolutely demolished by Jeanne (or the PCs in a crossfire, or the Midnight Crew, or any other means) could be the start of his exile.

* Nothing at all for SC yet, at least in my head. As a Dersian getting her into the story is a little trickier, other than outright having her be a single survivor of a Jeanne attack; unlike Jack in canon with WV I don't see Jeanne as the type to "leave a single enemy alive to spread the story" or anything similar. (Yes I know Jack may not have done so for that reason but it was one of the possibilities AH presented so it's fair game.) So if we go that route it's probably more likely that Jeanne just missed her, or SC was hiding/missed the battle.
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down