Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumstuck OOC

+3
Sparky
MessiahForHire
Oblivion
7 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Forumstuck OOC - Page 10 Empty Re: Forumstuck OOC

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:16 pm

That outline works for me.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 am

Been thinking on things. As with everything else in this thread, feel free to veto any and everything.

Possible titles:
Act 3: Paradox
Act 4: Rebellatrix Mundi Aurati (Rebel of a Gilded World)
Zenith
Sburban Showdown

Act 2:
The first >(???) - I know Mess says Beta Joan's going to be the one to snap Eris back to her senses and keep an eye on her for a bit. Not sure on the exact details there, but should probably be mentioned.

We're also seeing not a lot of Matt and Rick. Probably wouldn't hurt to have something with them in there. Possibly a focus on Rick's sidequest (which is...?) or Matt's frog hunt.

Act 3:
I figure Evan and Eris will spend at least a little bit of time together between the scepter and the lab - nothing that would be a major event, but just plotting things out in my head. Based on the ecto log, I figure Eris will leave right before he does the lab thing to go fight Dullahan (since him telling her about various things has her a bit off of her game for the fight, it needs to happen after) - a bit later than you have it listed (timeline-wise, this would probably fall after Shea's ascension. ...frak, that means we'll need to do the Shep reveal over.)

Also during this time, possibly as an almost act closer, Matt finishes BSlick. It seems like something you manage as close to the Reckoning as possible.

Act 4:
Definitely need a regrouping to happen after the Denizen fights. Don't know what a good central location would be (I assume Jeanne is on Skaia, ruling that one out).

As a general note, it probably wouldn't hurt to get the trolls more active, actually doing things besides trolling the kids. Their story, too, after all.

So I guess a summary of this:
ACT 1: Skaian Holiday
Spoiler:

ACT 2: Wildcard
Spoiler:

ACT 3: (Paradox)
Spoiler:

ACT 4: (Rebellatrix Mundi Aurati/Zenith/Sburban Showdown)
Spoiler:
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Rick and Matt weren't mentioned because Drouth and Face haven't put as much commentary into their plans as we have :) Didn't want to speak for them.

From our conversation last night though, Rick spends pretty much the entire time up to Eris's ascension just minding his own business and doing his quests. He also gives everyone in the group except Matt hell for dying on him at one point or another, and buries any bodies he comes across. (Will let you two rule whether or not he gets to Eris's corpse before she and Evan hide the scepter there.) Matt spends a lot of time griping at the rest of the group for not "playing the game properly" and listening to the trolls more than him; after Eris's freakout and possibly a duel with Rick he gets a little more controlled.

Last edited by Oblivion on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm

I figured it was because not much had been planned. I was just suggesting maybe we put some focus on them so we don't entirely forget they exist. =P
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 am

Matt really won't get into the frog stuff until much later on, I figure late Act 2 or Act 3.

For most of the first two acts, my plan was for Matt to go all Rose or Eridan and wreak havoc on his land using a crazy magic tome of ultimate tragedy that he crafted, sending it to the brink of ruination in hopes of luring his Denizen out and beating the game. During this, he becomes incredibly antagonistic towards the others that either he eventually cuts off all contact with them or they do with him.
That sort of goes on until Eris breaks. After that, he'd ditch the tome and go about being constructive instead of destructive. One of my ideas was him possibly confronting Psycho Eris as a way of trying to own up to his mistakes but end up losing horribly. I doubt he'd have a confrontation with Rick though.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:44 am

That would be fun to write. *supports the confrontation idea*
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am

As for this comment:

As a general note, it probably wouldn't hurt to get the trolls more active, actually doing things besides trolling the kids. Their story, too, after all.
As I've stated in the logs, Lygara's constantly doing research. She's actually very rarely in the lab, as some of the logs seem to imply; more often she's wandering around the Lands or using various equipment/Space powers to search for things remotely, trying to piece together what they missed. Dunno what that says for the others, or if it makes any necessary logs with the other trolls need to be redone.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

Right. I just mean actually posting from their perspective, which wasn't really in the outline. Didn't mean to imply we'd forgotten them entirely; sorry if it came off that way. It's the difference between Terezi telling Dave that the trolls have been dying and seeing her discovering the bodies while she investigates.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Yep. I think the main issue is that I have no idea what the trolls ARE doing outside of Lygara, and her only because I control her. While I've discussed plans for the kids with all you guys, the trolls have only been vaguely mentioned, and usually only in the context of logs; the only firm planned thing I've heard discussed outside those limitations is Guilla going godtier and the possibility of Foraii being very opposed to Lygara's plan to session-jump because he respects Shep (rather than simply fearing him like the other trolls).

It might just be a bridge we'll burn when we get to it though, so no worries.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Brought up in the chat, moving here for the sake of archives.

Since fully half the cast is now going god tier, we've got two kids and four trolls who are otherwise doomed. Unless there were some other way besides godtier that someone in Sburb could live forever...

Such as First Guardians.

It'd be something to do after the battle to keep it a challenge, maybe long after the game, but it would spare everyone and have them all truly running the universe (though six of them would I believe be confined to their assigned planets).

So potentially:

God tier: Shea, Joan, Matt, Eris, Guilla, Lygara
First guardians: Rick, Evan, Foraii, Vircen, Sigrun, Glenys
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Sun May 15, 2011 2:06 pm

OK SO BETA JOAN, GUYS.

So what happens in the Beta timeline, is that Eris is the first one to kick the bucket. Everything goes to hell from there and Joan isn't there for any of them. She eventually gets her time-travel device, but after a couple traumatizing unstable loops, she becomes afraid of time traveling. When it gets to only Evan left, and he's on his deathbed, she resolves to go back and fix everything. She goes back to the start, gets herself to just sit tight for a few while she figures out what went wrong. When she jumps ahead again, that's when she ends up finding Eris and having that breakdown.

After that, she feels a bit better about it, and goes back to the start, to help Alpha Joan learn the ropes on time travel and Sburb, and also makes her promise to tell Shea she loves her. I'm not positive about what she does after, but there is definitely some going around, and she will go visit Evan at one point.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 am

[01:31:44] @ Oblivion : And posted

[01:33:10] @ Sparky : So all it takes to snap one moirail out of a funk is for the other to be even worse.

[01:33:16] @ Sparky : Useful to know!

[01:33:19] @ Oblivion : Heh

[01:34:27] @ Sparky : I just wanted to give Lygara a hug through that whole thing

[01:35:32] @ Oblivion : Heh... apparently when I decide to give one of my characters a hard time they drop all the way down to full-on woobie mode?

[01:35:51] @ Sparky : Haha

[01:36:15] @ Sparky : Doesn't get much woobier than "I've doomed our entire species to extinction"

[01:36:39] @ Oblivion : I can't remember the character I got the idea from, but I always got the impression that when Ly's emotions get out of whack her powers go a little crazy

[01:37:12] @ Oblivion : Which is part of the reason she's so stoic most of the time, and the other part being why she really needs a moirail

[01:37:30] @ Sparky : Heh

[01:37:40] @ Oblivion : Cause if she didn't have Sigrun to lean on she'd be more prone to telekinetic rampages

[01:37:59] @ Sparky : Whereas Sigrun's a violent berserker and needs someone for emotional stability.

[01:38:23] @ Sparky : Says wonders about Ly that Sigrun was just spaced out and not rampaging

[01:38:41] @ Oblivion : Yay <>

[01:39:05] @ Oblivion : Anywho, it is 1.40 AM, I should probably try that sleep thing

[01:39:11] @ Sparky : Heh, yeah

[01:39:16] @ Oblivion : Cya

[01:39:24] @ Sparky : Though it's a little troubing about their session when you think about it

[01:39:31] @ Oblivion : hm?

[01:39:41] @ Sparky : If Lygara thinks Sigrun is the stable root of the group...

[01:40:32] @ Sparky : And Sigrun probably would not be able to function as a mediator without a moirail

[01:40:52] @ Oblivion : Heh

[01:41:07] @ Sparky : Wouldn't that make Lygara the group's backbone?

[01:41:19] @ Sparky : The recluse with power incontinence?

[01:41:27] @ Oblivion : Heh

[01:41:50] @ Sparky : And then you've got the kids, led by Matt...

[01:42:04] @ Oblivion : That might be accurate, but Ly would never see it that way... She's far too aware of her own problems, plus a heavy dose of humility

[01:43:11] @ Sparky : Heh

[01:43:37] @ Sparky : I don't think there's a single functional member of either group.

[01:43:41] @ Sparky : Well, Foraii.

[01:44:11] @ Oblivion : Well, for the trolls that's pretty standard. Even canon acknowledges that troll culture is BUILT on complexes.

[01:44:19] @ Sparky : True

[01:44:33] @ Sparky : What gets me worried is that Sigrun is kinda of a cross between Kanaya and Equius =/

[01:44:33] @ Oblivion : Foraii being pretty chill and all-around normal makes him a really really odd troll

[01:44:40] @ Oblivion : Heh

[01:45:00] @ Oblivion : Which is funny cause I see Ly as a cross between Kanaya and Sollux with a dash of Tavros

[01:45:26] @ Sparky : Levelheaded meddler type who would be absolutely apeshit without a moirail

[01:45:43] @ Oblivion : Now the kids, on the other hand... our kids are a case study in mental problems

[01:45:45] @ Sparky : Bit of Terezi as well with the detective thing

[01:46:06] @ Sparky : So I just scooped out the middle of the hemospectrum there, sans Vriska

[01:46:18] @ Oblivion : Matt has an irrational phobia and problems with proper reactions to things

[01:46:45] @ Oblivion : Eris has a temper and emotional control issues, as well as extreme problems with communication

[01:47:35] @ Oblivion : Rick is even worse at the latter, I get the impression, and also tends to shut himself off from people (and will probably have more when we see more of him)

[01:48:20] @ Oblivion : Joan is outwardly aggresively social in a manner that seems to serve as a cover for something, I'm not quite exactly sure what yet

[01:48:43] @ Sparky : Don't forget Eris's issues with living in her sister's shadow! =D

[01:49:11] * Sparky is helping

[01:49:30] @ Oblivion : Shea has abandonment issues, difficulty with relationships, and an inability to cope with pretty much any drastic changes in expected plans

[01:50:43] @ Oblivion : and Evan has a chronic laziness streak coupled with reclusive social problems and a bad case of Stockholm syndrome

[01:51:04] @ Sparky : Heh

[01:51:24] @ Sparky : Our heroes.

[01:51:35] @ Sparky : And this is BEFORE you get into all of the death and incest issues

[01:51:47] @ Oblivion : Compared to canon our trolls are fairly normal, perhaps a bit on the light side, but our kids are MESSED. UP.

[01:52:27] @ Oblivion : Eris and Matt start out at about the level of Rose at her worst.

[01:52:50] @ Oblivion : And Rose is easily the most messed up of the canon kids

[01:52:56] @ Sparky : Heh

[01:53:40] @ Sparky : Which is probably why she's so tsundere toward Evan before he dies

[01:53:50] @ Oblivion : There's my psychoanalysis of our story. Something to sleep on!

[01:54:13] @ Sparky : Haha

[01:54:20] @ Sparky : I'm heading out as well

[01:54:28] @ Oblivion : (If/when I publish this on the MSPA fan-adventure site or elsewhere I fully expect to get emails/PMs saying "GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU")
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 am

Oblivion wrote:
[01:48:20] @ Oblivion : Joan is outwardly aggresively social in a manner that seems to serve as a cover for something, I'm not quite exactly sure what yet

Joan has mommy issues too, let's not forget. :D

Also kind of related: She does act kind of really different towards a romantic partner but we haven't really gotten to see that yet. <_<
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 am

Ummm

So do Eris and Evan actually get into a relationship before or after Joan and Shea because logs before last night's have Eris and Evan going AW YEAH KISSING alongside Shea asking Eris for advice. @_@
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 am

/headdesk

I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL I HATE TIME TRAVEL

That aside... I kinda like the flow of the new ones better. Do you really think Eris would be quicker to admit to a crush than Shea would?
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:51 am

Messie kindly asked me to make a timeline.

It has more holes than a Dominic Deegan plot, and it's all subject to change at will. I didn't know when the other kids would fight their Denizens or what most of them would be doing for most of the game. =/
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 am

Oh my god you really did one thank youuuuu <3333

It's much easier to edit stuff in than make a new one. As long as we keep it up-to-date it should be cool and intensely useful. :DDD

Sparky wrote:That aside... I kinda like the flow of the new ones better. Do you really think Eris would be quicker to admit to a crush than Shea would?

I think it depends on how much of Eris's admitting is, uh, 'aided' by Joan.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Updated the timeline chart with the trolls having their own individual columns on the right. Should help us plan out more activity for them, as it's been noted that they seems to be kind of not doing much.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 am

So, reading through the RP, I started thinking that it might not be a bad idea to just start over. The RP itself, I mean. Mostly because I think our ideas on how some of the characters act with each other is a bit more clear than how it was in the beginning and it would also give us a chance to better set things up or implement new ideas. All the logs and character ideas we have so far would remain, we'd just start again from the beginning.

This is just me brainstorming and it's totally up to you guys. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 am

This post might not be entirely coherent, its 1 AM.

I'm kind of inclined to agree. We've changed a hell of a lot with these characters since we started (EXTREME TRAUMA, for example), and not all of it meshes with the way things are written now. Starting over would give us all a fresh slate with the characters as we know them now and the chance to alter things to better fit the way we want them to develop.

Things would still happen according to our general outline - the entry order would be the same, everything with Jeanne and beyond would happen, logs would remain constant as each poster sees fit. But I know that there is a LOT about these older posts that I would change about Eris that a few simple edits isn't enough to tweak. Her entire characterization in this was based on her Outlaw role, which is entirely irrelevant and, quite frankly, distracting now that I do know what I want to do with her.

I'd forgotten about a lot of what we'd put in the RP, and I do think a good deal of it is just fine to copy over into a fresh thread - the entry logs still seem to hold up, and they're the main issue we'd have to worry about at this point in the game.

My two cents.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:31 am

Sounds good by me. Did we want to change anything else while we're at it?
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drouth Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

Might overhaul Rick since I'm having so much trouble writing him.
Drouth
Drouth
The Admin
The Admin

https://forumstuck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:36 am

Brought up in Skype and I figured I should post it here. Also, I kind of want to make it a thing in having a lot of ideas thrown in here for consideration. (Also, Skype voicechats have no records so we can't really keep track of this stuff)

In regards to Foraii's character, we got to thinking that his quirk would be changed to reflect his empathic abilities. Basically, he adopts the quirk of whichever troll he's speaking with, and his discussions with the humans would either be
A) The same quirk of the last troll he spoke with or
B) His actual quirk which is rarely used amongst the other trolls (which would probably be something different from what his quirk is currently)
The only downside I have seen to this is that there will most likely be an extreme lack of Zigroons and Gooillas.

It was also suggested that his title be changed to Sage of Void to better fit this and that he might be the one to help Shea better understand her Void powers. Thoughts?

Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 am

Face wrote:It was also suggested that his title be changed to Sage of Void to better fit this and that he might be the one to help Shea better understand her Void powers. Thoughts?
I'd be okay with it. Glenys would still be her patron troll - I enjoy the way they interact too much :P - but I could see her taking advice from Foraii regarding her abilities (much like Lygara eventually starts helping Matt along with Space stuff, once they get past the initial roadbumps) at least until his manipulations are revealed.

However, it kind of causes a hiccup in his initial motivations for manipulating in the first place - as Sage of Life, he was targeting people because their destructive habits had violated (in his mind at least) the tenets of his Role. So if we change his Role, we may need to change his motivations for getting involved as well. Lot of options for that: we can play up his support of Shep's decree, we could say that as a Void character he's wanting to reduce things to oblivion, or he could just be an ass in general concept. Or something completely else that I haven't thought of because it's 7:45 AM.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 am

I do like the idea of Foraii interpreting Void completely differently from Shea. (Try and reduce the bubbly character to a force of pure destruction? SURE WHY NOT) We did discuss Foraii's respect for/support of Shep continuing to play a factor as well, so a combination of the two plus the idea that "Look at all the stuff they've ruined, how come THEY get a chance when we didn't..." could play into this.

Let alone what would happen if he found out Shea's role in things going awry...
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next