Forumstuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumstuck OOC

+3
Sparky
MessiahForHire
Oblivion
7 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Forumstuck OOC - Page 11 Empty Re: Forumstuck OOC

Post by MessiahForHire Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Hmmm, I like the idea of making Foraii the Hero of Void.
(Also him totally getting Shea to try drugs because 'only when your mind is reduced to nothing can you truly understand nothing' or something is going to be a thing right?

...right?)

And maybe you could keep his quirk the same, just whenever he's talking to someone, he'll superimpose their quirk over his own, like Gamzee does to imitate people. That way we can still have our Zigroons and Gooillas while having him take quirks of others. (Also the kids do have their own typing styles so it'd make sense for him to adopt those, too.)

Speaking of changing roles, I have never not drawn a blank as to how Form makes sense for Glenys. Like for realz, dudes.
So if Foraii was no longer going to be Sage of Life, would it be alright if Glenys took up being the Knight of Life? It would be much easier to work into her personality and development. <_<

Also on the more or less subject of quirks, Glenys also needs a new one. Jesus, she really needs a new one. I was thinking that it would be something like...
You have a tendency to be Very Clear when you are speaking to Make Sure that people understand What Is Important in your sentences.
I like the no contractions thing too much to drop, so they'd still be a thing.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Oblivion wrote:However, it kind of causes a hiccup in his initial motivations for manipulating in the first place - as Sage of Life, he was targeting people because their destructive habits had violated (in his mind at least) the tenets of his Role. So if we change his Role, we may need to change his motivations for getting involved as well. Lot of options for that: we can play up his support of Shep's decree, we could say that as a Void character he's wanting to reduce things to oblivion, or he could just be an ass in general concept. Or something completely else that I haven't thought of because it's 7:45 AM.
I noticed the problem too, but I never really used Foraii's Life bit as a motivation really, it was more of an excuse at times since I often felt that dooming an entire universe was too extreme, even for something like "giving moordererz their poonizhment". Having him be prone towards destruction might be a bit easier to work with, along with the bitter jealousy/revenge factor Sparky mentioned.

MessiahForHire wrote:(Also him totally getting Shea to try drugs because 'only when your mind is reduced to nothing can you truly understand nothing' or something is going to be a thing right?

...right?)
I have considered it once or twice.

And maybe you could keep his quirk the same, just whenever he's talking to someone, he'll superimpose their quirk over his own, like Gamzee does to imitate people. That way we can still have our Zigroons and Gooillas while having him take quirks of others. (Also the kids do have their own typing styles so it'd make sense for him to adopt those, too.)
Superimposing the quirks does sound like a good idea, I was just unsure if I wanted to keep his current quirk because I have a hard time taking the guy seriously when he sounds like the starfish from Spongebob in my head. Then again, Zigroon and Gooilla are fun words. Also, Foraii couldn't adopt the kids' quirks because his empathic abilities don't fully work on them. He can manipulate their emotions, but he can't feel what they feel like he can with the trolls. (Though he could probably still use them in a mocking gesture, like what Matt does)

So if Foraii was no longer going to be Sage of Life, would it be alright if Glenys took up being the Knight of Life? It would be much easier to work into her personality and development. <_<
It's totally cool with me. As for the new quirk, maybe instead of just capitalizing the beginning of the words, she could put more EMPHASIS on them and just fully caps the words she wants to EMPHASIZE. Your call, though.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 pm

@ Foraii's thing with the quirks: Yeah, it didn't actually occur to me that it'd be based on the whole 'i am actually in your head figuring you out' shtick, as I actually had Gamzee in mind, but mocking is sort of what I was going for. Mostly it'd be Evan and Matt that would be the easiest to copy that way, and he'd probably pick up on the nocaps thing Eris has going.

Joan... doesn't really have a typing style for him to properly copy. <_<

@Glenys stuff: ok cool bro Knight of Life it is. :D

And sorry but I can't help but imagine using a completely different volume on your type of EMPHASIS, so it doesn't really work with how I envision her. (Ice water in her veeeeiiiiins.) The way she'll actually speak is sort of the same as how she types. That is to say, with that quirk, it'll definitely be the case that she considers her words as she speaks and interrupts the flow of her words to speak very clearly on the Important Parts of her sentences. In such a way that it comes off as less comical and more patronizing. :D
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Alterations to my characters.

Matt alterations:

- Less of a Christmas phobia. Matt hates Christmas and its holly jolly giftgiver with a passion, but he's less theatrical about it. He no longer refers to Ol' Saint Nick as the "demon" and remarks about the subject are typically brushed off in annoyance.

- No self-worth. This idea had always been in effect since the very beginning but never expanded upon for whatever reason, so I felt I should mention it. Matt's low self-esteem was what resulted in his power trip as he felt the need to prove himself. After he's snapped out of it, he sinks even lower. Matt places no value in his own life, and continuously hurls himself into scenarios where he will most likely die. A good example of this is his fight with Psycho Eris. He went there fully prepared for her to kill him. Jeanne causing trouble? Tackle her early on to get a first-hand look at her abilities, knowing that there's no hope of survival. Green sun needs to get blown up? He's your guy.

- Matt's bangs are meant to serve a purpose. This one I actually just forgot about despite referencing it very early on in some jokes and I'm bringing it up here so I won't forget it again.

Foraii alterations:

- VOID powers

- Wants to bring an end to Sburb by sabotaging the kids session. His reason for doing so is that he believes Sburb to be a neverending cycle of despair, destroying as many lives as it creates, including those of its own players who are torn apart from the torment their sessions inflict upon them. The fact that he and his companions were denied their reward after much hardship also serves as a motivation.

- More cunning this time around, and uses his standard goofy personality to keep his friends from discovering his plans. Unlike when he was approached by Lygara and admitted to her face about his plan, he would be much more secretive.

- Unlike the previous Foraii, this one can be reasoned with and ultimately convinced to join the heroes. His previous incarnation would have either had to have been exiled or killed off.

- Has absolutely nothing personal against the kids. (His previous incarnation would have developed an intense hatred for them) Granted, Joan's description of humanity's mating habits have greatly confused him, but he does like a few of them. He's not particularly fond of Matt or Eris, though that's mainly because he thinks they're both insane.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:20 am

So from the latest Homestuck, it looks like domains always have the same denizen, at least if Vriska and Rose make a pattern.

Breath -Eris- Typheus
Light -Vircen- Cetus
Time -Joan, Guilla- Hephaestus
Space -Matt, Lygara- Echidna
Life -Glenys, Rick- ?
Void -Foraii, Shea- ?
Impact -Evan- ?
Mind -Sigrun- ?
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:49 am

They all seem to be pulled from Greek mythos, so...

Void - Scylla or Charybdis? The latter is associated with whirlpools, which themselves are a result of a void pulling water downwards, so it might be appropriate.
Impact - Whichever of the two above doesn't get used there? Nothing in Greek myth jumps out as immediately fitting.
Life - Cerberus? Guardian of Tartarus and all....
Mind - Daedalus could work here.

(I'm personally going to be ignoring this for Eggshelled just because I like the pattern for the denizens I've set up there, heh.)
Oblivion
Oblivion

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:40 am

The question is, do we really want to throw out our own ideas or stick with our own canon? Though I'll gladly go along with whatever is decided, I'm not so sure about ditching the Denizens we already have.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 am

I'm 0k with either. On the one hand, we had a couple of good ideas, and I personally like the idea of Denizens being specific to sessions rather than a universal constant - hence why I said I'd be keeping my original ideas for Eggshelled. (Plus, the revelation that the Denizens of the Hivebent session are the same as the ones for the Homestuck one fracks with the whole "Troll Denizen = Zodiac sign" headcanon that I was so fond of. Heh.) Plus, I like the Denizens we've created, though their personalities might need to be slightly altered - especially Dullahan and Odin, who seemed the most directly malevolent.

On the other hand, swapping them would make it easier to stick to the canon interpretation without stumbling over prior characterization, plus be actually closer to canon itself. Plus we have Rick and Joan who don't even have names for their Denizens yet, and I don't even think Rick's has a design or personality yet (I remember Messi saying something about what her idea for Joan's was, but no name as of yet), so this would save them a little effort.

Either-or is fine with me.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:55 pm

I had assumed that both Mess and Drouth had ideas for Denizens, just nothing concrete. (At least, that's what I heard from Drouth)

My general problem though with swapping Denizens is that it clashes with a lot of plans I had for Matt. Not to mention I might end up having to change Matt's land since, though it might just be me, Echidna being the Denizen of Care-a-lot seems pretty weird. (Then again, I might end up changing his land anyways since I forgot to factor in the Forge which I think is essential for all Space players)

But yeah, I can't argue that sticking with the canon isn't a bad idea. If anything it would be simpler. And as far as I know, Odin was the only Denizen that was actually needed, and that was just for Matt. It's nothing I can't retool hopefully.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:45 pm

I had an idea that just wasn't fully 100% complete. I still had details to think through, but the idea was more or less whole.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:07 pm

You could retool Odin's meddling into Foraii's meddling, Face. Same effect, less denizen fuckery.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:16 am

True, but the events would be heavily altered. The prism quest would have to be removed since I can't see Foraii already knowing and/or insisting that it needs to be done, even if only to trick him and turn him against his friends. Then there's the matter of slaughtering the consorts and just being a huge jerk in general, which I don't know if that would be directly related to Foraii or something that Matt does on his own. Or if I'll even keep it in at all at this point. I just find it difficult to see what were once Odin's machinations being fitted in with Foraii's plans.

That's not to say that I can't work with it, it's just that it will require some serious retooling on my part.

Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:26 pm

I've decided that Guide would be a much better role for Joan than Proctor. It'd refer more to how she treats individuals as opposed to groups, so it'd be fun to give Matt a little rank-related freakout that way if he'd go for it. >_>

There are basically a whole lot of other little details in my brain that I'm not typing because effort.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Here, have a random drive-by pesterlog with a troll bugging Shea.

-- textualDeviant [TD] began pestering amazonaReveille [AR] at 22:38 --
Spoiler:
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:40 pm

CRAZY LOG IS CRAZY.

Spoiler:
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:40 pm

PART DEUX

Spoiler:
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:47 am

Since I was somewhat distracted last night, gonna go ahead and note this here.

Face suggested that since Denizens have been confirmed in canon to not be excessively hostile or intentionally subversive to the players, plus that by canon he'd have Echidna as his Denizen rather than Odin, that Matt's derailment to actively assaulting things and generally going shithive maggots be due to him making some kind of alliance with Jeanne after she likewise loses her marbles. Which at least to me works out, as he'd be the only pre-game awake Prospit Dreamer and thus one of the few people Jeanne would be likely to trust after flipping her lid - Shea broke the bad news so she's on poor terms, Evan's still asleep, and the other kids are Derse dreamers and therefore The Enemy.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Matt will be much less shithive maggots this time around, I think. I'm still trying to figure out how this whole plan will work out exactly, since it wouldn't require a rampage. Matt would be looking for a way to clear the game quickly and easily, and since Jeanne plans to wipe out the enemy forces, he sees no better alternative. It would really depend on Jeanne's whole plan. Matt's sole reason for causing destruction in his land was because Odin was like, "Hey, they got magic trinkets that will take you to the end boss" so he tore the place apart looking for them. Matt wouldn't have that same reason this time around so there probably wouldn't be as much genocide happening. I'm not too sure what else he could do though to assist Jeanne.
Face
Face

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 pm

That's cool; we need more rational people.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Face wrote:I'm not too sure what else he could do though to assist Jeanne.
She'd probably want him to prove his loyalty to Prospit, first and foremost. Which might begin with sending him on little missions to mess with Derse (and some productive stuff, like dealing with frogs) and escalate up to assassination attempts on Derse dreamers.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by MessiahForHire Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Hm, but to connect frogs to Prospit loyalty, she'd have to tell him what's up with frogs. Perhaps she could have been building his loyalty to Prospit (and herself) during the whole time pre-game? I think it would be really interesting to have Matt directly groomed for his role, then for Jeanne to go batshit and use him for her own ends.
MessiahForHire
MessiahForHire

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I do like that. And it makes sense - Jade was at least familiar with the important people in Prospit, so it follows that Matt would probably know Jeanne as well.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Zetta Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Is this role-play accepting any more players?
Overlord Zetta
Overlord Zetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:42 pm

No, sorry. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

However, we're in the process of putting together a larger-scale HS-based RP Forum/community here, and that'll welcome more players once it's ready to go.
Oblivion
Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Zetta Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 am

Ah. Thank you. Could someone please alert me when this larger-scale Homestuck role play is up and possibly provide a link?
Overlord Zetta
Overlord Zetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next